1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre done?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BadgerBeer, Mar 4, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, after all, the guy is just entering his prime. ::)

What, 16 years and 255 consecutive starts isn't enough for you? You know the average NFL career is like 3.5 years, right?

2. I honestly don't know, but it looks like Glazer reported it first and didn't bother calling Favre or the agent or the family for an on-the-record confirmation. Maybe he should have done that instead of the 15 inches of mangled copy he had on his story.

The Sun Herald sees the story, says OH SHIT!, calls the family - the brother answers and says yes. Real simple. And this is the story - all 4 inches of it - that I'm going to remember because it has a named, respectable source.

Add Mortensen in there with his call to the agent and that's how it all transpired, I believe.

*Fixed to take out Sherman in the first graph. Apparently Glazer did call Sherman but he didn't call back. But as the other two stories show, there's more than one way to confirm this on the record.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Guess he doesn't love to play the game as much anymore.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Al-Joneszera on the case.

5. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

And John Madden just threw up in his mouth.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Being first > being right.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Mort reporting the last straw was Moss going back to New England, Favre was hoping to get him in Green Bay.

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I also know that I sit in Wisconsin year after fucking year and am told by all the idiot Packer fans and Brett himself that records mean nothing to "the Greatest QB of All Time" . Now he has a very fine young team capable of making a SB run and he quits? A year after breaking all of the records that " he doesn't care about"? Please.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

There is no f-ing way Thompson was going to open the bank for Moss ... if that's the case, he's dillusional for even thinking that they might go after him.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

12. I don't believe Mort in this case. It's a slap in the face to the three receivers Favre has now. Really, the passing game was the Packers' least worry last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted