1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre demands trade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, May 13, 2007.

1. Hey. Max Lane.
    The guy was immortalized. At least let's call him by name.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Huh?

54-yard TD pass to Rison on the second play from scrimmage ... audibling and hitting him in stride, followed by another in-stride 81-yard TD pass to Freeman, followed by a Favre 2-yard TD run.

I'll give you Howard's KO return since that swung momentum right back to the Packers after the Patriots cut it to 7, but no way on White ... all three sacks came after the Packers were up 35-21 and had taken back control.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

His top rank in pass completions in NFL history and his second rankings in attempts, TDs and yardage would beg to differ.

4. Jeez, why are we arguing how good he was? Obviously he was good ... one of the best ever ... but he's been a liability to that team for a few years now and is continuing to hijack its future with his selfishness.

The team will look like shit if it cuts him, trades him or benches him for Rodgers (who should at the least be a second-year starter this season) so he should do the honorable thing and either quit, take the backup role or politely ask to be cut.

I have a theory that he hasn't asked for the latter because he might find out no one else wants him as a starter. But if the team can't trade him he can just point the finger at the team and say they didn't try hard enough.

5. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Saying he's not the greatest QB to ever play and being the most overrated QB in NFL history, hands down, is two different things. Make up your mind. And try thinking a little bit before you post.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Yes, he is not the greatest QB to play and is the most overrated player in NFL history. A very good player, but one of the best? Not in my opinion.

7. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

How can someone be a very good player, yet at the same time be the most overrated player in NFL history? That's just dumb. Favre has just as many Super Bowl rings as Peyton Manning and one more than Dan Marino.

8. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Not one of the best, huh? I think his stats prove otherwise.

9. bigpern23

414 career TDs ... No. 2 all time
    57,500 passing yards ... No. 2 all time
    5,021 career completions ... No. 1 all time.
    Super Bowl title
    Two Super Bowl appearances.

One of the best ever. Hands down. How is this even a question?

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[
    [/quote]

Super Bowl title
    Two Super Bowl appearances.

[/quote]

The only stats I need.

That said, how good were the Raiders with Moss? Does Favre really think Randy in cold weather was the answer?

Right now I would say Favre wins about 2-3 games a year for the Pack just because he still has the cannon and ability to see the field and plays develop. He also pisses 2-3 games a year due to bullshit decisions. So I would say it is a wash.

In the past he won 7-8 games a year on his arm and pissed 1-2 a year away, so he put you at a plus 6.

Sure, at one time he was one of the best in the game, but now I would place him below about half of the starting qbs in the NFL.

I would rather have Ben over center for the Steelers.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Three-time MVP.

12. bigpern23

Most consecutive games played.

Finished in the top three in TDs for a season eight times.

Clearly, he wasn't one of the best QBs of all time. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted