1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre demands trade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, May 13, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Several Packers and league sources have told FOXSports.com that Brett Favre's agent Bus Cook phoned Green Bay's general manager Ted Thompson within two to three days of the draft and asked for a trade. The sources said that Cook railed off how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6805790

2. WSKY

WSKY Member

Hang it up, old-timer.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I know that he tried real hard to help the Packers get Randy Moss and was very upset that it didn't work out. In addition, he was upset that the Packers falsely characterized the negotiations.

4. Favre in his old age is now hurting this franchise as much as he helped it back in the 90s. This team won't be able to recover until he goes the hell away. Rodgers should be starting by now.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Bullshit. Our dreams and wishes can't possibly be coming true, are they? Then again, if it's a FOX news outlet reporting it, I'll have my doubts.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The Falcons would probably take him right now, seeing how Vick could very well be headed to Goodell's dog house, as it were.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Who else but the Packers would want Favre at this point? And I'm not so sure how badly the Packers want him; they do know that they're stuck with him until he leaves on his terms.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Note to Favre: Don't even think about going to an NFC North rival, especially Minnesota. I mean that. It's not meant to be in the blue sarcastic font.

Sounds to me like Favre staying with the Packers and not leaving soon enough is like the Boston Celtics paying the price for letting Parrish, McHale and the others hang on too long.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Brett loves to play the game, ya know

10. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

No chance Favre would demand a trade. He'd retire first.

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I'd take him in a Browns uniform for a year as a stopgap before Brady Quinn takes over in '08. He'd be a lot more useful as a mentor than Charlie Frye.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I know he wants to start and all, but we'd sure sake him in New Orleans.
    Brees or any other QB is just a hard hit away from the bench.
    Favre'd be great to have on the sideline, in waiting, for the Saints.
    I think the guys got some snaps left in him, too.
    Sure, he's got a bit of that Clemens syndrome, but he's still capable of doing some damage were he to line up behind a solid O-line and with the weapons the Saints have at the QB's disposal.

Draft saved Draft deleted