1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favourite Simpsons episode

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Is Frank my twin brother?

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Yes, Mr. Scorpion.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Don't call me Mr. Scorpion. It's Mr. Scorpio. But don't call me that either, call me Hank.

And if you need me, I'll be at Marianne's Hammocks in the Hammock District.

Another good episode that hasn't been mentioned: Homer vs. The City of New York.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Pretty much all of Season 4 is outstanding. They were on such a roll that year.

"Homer the Heretic," "Lisa the Beauty Queen," "Mr. Plow," "Homer's Triple Bypass," "Brother from the Same Planet" (Homer becomes a 'bigger brother'), "Last Exit to Springfield" (the power plant strike), "I Love Lisa," "Duffless," "The Front" (Grampa writes for Itchy and Scratchy), "Krusty Gets Kancelled" ... were all pantheon episodes.

Two personal favorites not from that season:

"Homer's Barber Shop Quartet" (first episode of Season 5) — especially delicious for a Beatles fan

"The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show" (Season 8 )

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

These are all good choices (though I thought 22 stories was overrated). The only two I'll add that I don't think I've seen here are the Mary Poppins episode and the one where Homer creates a religion to get out of going to church.

The two things I find myself quoting most often are Bart upon hearing that the Flanders boys will be staying with the Simpsons after their mother died - "Why do all the bad things happen to me?" And, Homer buying Marge a bowling ball for her birthday with his name on it.

6. Hank_Scorpio

The Beer Baron episode was also pretty good.

A great line from an early episode (season 1 or 2): The one where Marge thinks about leaving Homer for Jacques, the bowling instructor.

The dialogue at the end of the episode after Marge comes to the nuclear plant:

Homer's co-worker: Hey, Homer, what'll I tell the boss?
    Homer: Tell him I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love and I won't be back for 10 minutes.

7. Steak Snabler

With Robert Stack as Rex Banner.

And it contains one of the greatest line in television history, when Homer makes a toast "To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Can't believe I forgot Homer Goes To College on my list.

[​IMG]

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I love the scene where they test the catapult with a cat. Then, when they send Banner away, he complains that he was trying to enforce the law. And Homer and the town say, "And we salute you for it."

10. workerB12

workerB12 Member

Homer: (Toasts.) To Alcohol. The cause of. And solution to. All of life's problems.

11. Steak Snabler

Why didn't I think of that?

12. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

"Missionary Impossible"
    Because we all believe in Jebus.
    Save us Jebus!

Draft saved Draft deleted