1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favourite Simpsons episode

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

22 Short Films About Springfield has my favorite Simpsons scene ever.

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/54624/detail/

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Of course I should also mention the one featuring my namesake:

You Only Move Twice.

"Don't call me Mr. Scorpion. It's Mr. Scorpio. But don't call me that either. Call me Hank!"

I just found this web site devoted to that episode.

http://globex.frinky.com/

3. printit

printit Member

monorail

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Homer's mom
    Homer to the Max
    Last Exit to Springfield
    Homer at the Bat
    Hurricane Neddy

Honestly, in the first 10 seasons, there were just so many good ones it is hard to pick just a couple.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Mr. Plow might be my favorite episode of any sitcom of all-time. Pitch perfect.

I just watched the Adam West scene from that episode. Something I never noticed before ... they turn frame slightly sideways to give the impression that West was insane when he's (insanely) riffing about Eartha Kitt and the Batusi.

Brilliance. That whole episode is brilliance.

Deep Space Homer, Marge vs. the Monorail, Bart Gets An Elephant ("he likes peanuts"), Bart vs. Australia, King-Size Homer, A Fish Called Selma, Homerpalooza, The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show, Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment and Homer's Enemy (the Frank Grimes episode) are all extremely strong.

A scene from a lesser episode where I nearly lost my shit, because it came out of nowhere, was when Homer dressed up as Ganesha as part of some Apu-based plot. That ... and the out-of-nowhere "Heh-heh ... Andy Capp that wife-beating drunk!" cold open, which I believe is from the Monorail episode.

Seinfeld and The Simpsons went toe-to-toe in that 1992-97 period. Brilliant though they both are, I'll take The Simpsons every time.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I can't believe that Bart on the Road has yet to be mentioned. This picture makes me laugh every...freakin...time.

Aaaaaaanndy Williams!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That episode contains the line I quote most out of any episode in any series ever: "I was saying Booo-urns"

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The collection of spin-off series has more than its share of moments.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I didn't think he was going to do Moon River, but then, bam .... second encore ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Frank Grimes, 22 Short Stories, Hurrican Neddy, Frank Scorpio.

Best show in TV history for the first 8 seasons or so.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Your show was pretty damn funny, too, Rusty. :D

12. turski7

turski7 Member

I stopped watching the Simpsons in the late 90s and a by 01-02, I picked it back up. Being so young when it first came out, I missed many of the references. When I got back into it, I couldn't stop laughing during the reruns. Just great writing.
    That being said, I still choose Seinfeld over Simpsons by a narrow margin. I mean, I switched to a money clip just to avoid having a Costanza wallet.

Draft saved Draft deleted