1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Watching-My-Team-In-Super-Bowl Moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Granny, Jun 23, 2008.

1. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

I was a Vikings fan. There were no such moments.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Chiefs, so before I knew what a Super Bowl was. A wee lad was I when they won.

Those 13-3 seasons in my liftime have been the ultimate in anticlimaxes (climaxi?).

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

With a miked Bill Cowher screaming, "Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" to his players after that onside kick (which happened in the third quarter, after a field goal made it 20-10). Awesome moment.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Pats vs. Rams. At a huge party with a bunch of family and friends. In eighth grade, sipping on my first alcoholic beverage. Sitting next to my great-grandfather, who passed away almost a year later at age 94 and had been a diehard Patriots fan since their inception in 1960. He didn't like any sport besides football or team besides the Patriots and it was honestly one of the best nights of the old guy's life, which in turn made it one of the best of mine. And it was a great game, which made for a fun environment and really drew me into the sports world, as I would begin on the high school newspaper the following fall.

I recently started as a director at a YMCA in a New England city this summer and there are about 8 first graders (6 year olds, born in '02) who are named Brady. One of them, an adorable little guy, likes to tell the story that his father often tells him ("I said to your mama if Tom Brady pulls this one off tonight, by god, we're naming our son Brady.")

I also loved the Rams-Titans Super Bowl. It was the first of the big games that I watched from start to finish and I remember heavily rooting for the Rams because I loved Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk at the time. Incredible ending.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Super Bowl X

[​IMG]

At a family party, I was surrounded by Cowboys fans. One of my uncles was (and still is) friends with Jim Myers, the longtime Dallas assistant and former A&M head coach. But even as a 7-year-old, I was true to the Black & Gold. I won $20 in $1 bets that day.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, I'm a Browns fans, so... uh... yeah. Fucking John Elway, Sammy Winder. Fucking Red Right 88. Fucking Webster Slaughter -- he didn't sell his route at all, and his man forced Byner's fumble.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Doomsday shuts down the Broncos. I was in 4th grade.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted