1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Watching-My-Team-In-Super-Bowl Moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Granny, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I hate the Cowboys with a passion, but anymore the only reason is because my girlfriend is a Cowboys fan. I wish the Steelers would go 0-16 forever, and ever, and ever.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I also hate the Cowboys with a passion.

Even my sports-hating father hates the Cowboys. He calls the city "Malice." Even he gets upset if the Cowchips beat the Redskins.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You and me both, Colton. Well, not that much of a fan...but they are my team if I have to claim one.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I have my reasons for hating the Redskins. I will never, ever root for them.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I understand why people hate the Cowboys, but I grew up there. In the 70s. Staubach. Dorsett. Too Tall Jones. I used to ride my bike around looking for cops, because they had Cowboys trading cards to pass out to kids.

It would be like expecting a kid who's growing up in Boston right now not to be a lifelong Red Sox fan. It's not even a choice.

6. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

The worst was when they took a halftime lead in the second Cowboys loss, only to sucka sucka dick in the second half. I was in 6th grade for that one, and actually believed they were gonna win it.

Ah, the innocence and stupidity of youth.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

One of the great Letterman Top 10 lists ever was "things Marv Levy told his team at halftime."
    "Anyone want more fudge?"
    "Let's go out there and rest on those laurels!"
    "Hey Kelly, take it easy on the champagne."

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm really immune to the whole "my team" thing, so I got nothing.

9. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

John Mobley knocking down Brett Favre's last-ditch effort against the Broncos.

10. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

Two things from Super Bowl XXXI, or 31 for the numerally challenged:

1. When Favre connected with Andre Rison on the Packers second play of the game for the opening score

2. When The Minister planted Bledsoe two plays in a row to stop the Patriots drive right after Howard returned a kickoff for a touchdown. When that happened, I just knew Green Bay was going to win.

Plus, this whole thing happened three days before my 14th birthday, and I was hosting my party that day. All-in-all, it was the highlight of my life (except for maybe my wedding day - maybe)

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Damn, dude. I was just about to post those two moments. :D

SB XXXI was just under a month before my 15th birthday.

12. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

me getting a big fat kiss after booger mcfarland turned rex grossman into oatmeal in the 3rd quarter of sb xli.

Draft saved Draft deleted