1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Watching-My-Team-In-Super-Bowl Moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Granny, Jun 23, 2008.

1. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Just an idea that popped in my head tonight while chatting it up with a local coach that's stepping down.

If this is a repeat (or "D_B" as you dang kids call it, I think) my apologies. I'll wait to see if anyone joins the thread before I post mine. It's not like I'm watching old NBA Drafts or the ilk.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

"Williams goes deep to SANDERS! Sanders beats Haynes! Sanders out in front! Eighty yards, TOUCHDOWN!" -- Al Michaels call after Ricky Sanders caught an 80-yard touchdown strike from Doug Williams. Redskins 42, Broncos 10.

"He's gone! He's gone! Touchdown Washington Redskins!" -- Frank Herzog's radio call of John Riggins' 43-yard fourth down rumble for a touchdown to give the Redskins the lead. Redskins 27, Dolphins 17.

"Rypien back to throw it, going deep, touchdown Redskins Clark!" -- Pat Summerall's call of Mark Rypien's 30-yard touchdown pass to Gary Clark against the Bills. Redskins 37, Bills 24.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm from Detroit. Screw all of you. ;D ;) :D :)

4. rascalface

rascalface Member

Devin Hester returning the opening kickoff for a TD against the Colts. I was having a great time at a Super Bowl party, and that pretty much instantly took me from a simmer to a rolling boil.

If only the rest of the game didn't suck....

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I only have two.

Reggie Phillips 28-yard interception return. Watching the rookie thrust him arms in the air two yards out. A smile clearly visible through the face mask.

Devin Hester. Opening kick off. That's all I choose to remember from that one.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I went to Super Bowl XXIII as a kid, watching my beloved Bengals. When Stanford Jennings returned the kickoff 93 yards for a TD late in the third quarter -- running practically into my lap as my seats were in the end zone, a few rows up from the field -- I was sure the Bengals would win. Alas, fucking Montana to fucking Taylor, in the same end zone. I keep waiting for Taylor to drop the ball on the replays every year.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Super Bowl XL. The Steelers finally had it wrapped up. After pacing all game long, I plopped down on the floor next to my daughter, who was then two years old, as she kept herself busy playing with my Terrible Towel.

That demonstrates what a shitty game that was. My favorite memory comes from a moment when I wasn't even looking at the TV.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My favorite was when the Seahawks won the 2006 Super Bowl. God, that was so fucking cool.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm a Bills fan. We have no favorite moments.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Even though it wasn't that great a game, Cowboys beating the Steelers in XXX was like psychological healing for me.

I was 7 and 10 years old when they lost the two earlier games to Pittsburgh, and I was living in Dallas and the Cowboys were the world to me. Just to be able to exorcise those demons felt great.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

No wonder Tim Russert left us as an unfulfilled person.

Too soon?

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

What is this Super Bowl of which you speak?

(pathetic Browns fanboi looser here)

Draft saved Draft deleted