1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite VH1 show, past or present

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDJournalist, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

8-track Flashback.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I change my answer, then.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I had a love/hate thing with Behind the Music. Couldn't turn it off, but then usually got depressed afterward when I'd say things to myself like, "Hmmm, I always wondered what the story was with A-Ha."

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Pop Up Video ruined one of my favorite songs for me.

How was I to know when I was a kid that Summer of '69 was about sex and not a nostalgic look at the youth of Bryan Adams? But I saw it on PUV, from then on "Me and my baby in a 69" took on a whole new meaning.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hahaha. This cracks me up, Bodie.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I knew a guy who was on "Daisy of Love," so I watched way more episodes of that than a human being should. Covered him when he played high school football and baseball. He had a distinguished little reality show career, was an Army Ranger, had some pro MMA bouts, even a cup of coffee as a WWE wrestler. Cat's lived an interesting life.
    Last time I saw him he was back in his hometown driving a truck.

7. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Was he actually interested in finding love on the show?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I doubt it. I know he had at least one kid at the time he was on the show, maybe two. Not sure if it was with an old girlfriend or an ex-wife. Word around town was he was kind of a shitty husband, or at least one who liked to party a bit too much. Kind of guy people roll their eyes a bit when you mention his name.
    Very personable guy, though. Big personality type, lots of fun to be around if you were just shooting the breeze. In a lot of ways he was ideal for the reality show circuit. I know he parlayed "Daisy of Love" into at least two other gigs and got to travel around the country for a bit doing the nightclub circuit.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You might have figured it out if he followed that up with "Summer of Missionary."

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Should've also gotten a clue when the B-Side to "Everything I Do" was the lesser-known hit, "Winter of Anal."

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Biggest clue should have been the fact that Bryan Adams was 10 FUCKING YEARS OLD in '69.

12. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Wow. That pisses me off that a guy like that would even apply for the show then. It's wasting Daisy De La Hoya's time and taking a spot away from a genuine guy looking to find love. Shame on whichever producer didn't do his research.

Draft saved Draft deleted