1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Trader Joe's items

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jun 12, 2018.

1. ICanRowCanoe?

ICanRowCanoe? Member

I bought that Everything But the Bagel seasoning a few months ago. I was psyched. I love everything bagels and it smelled so good. But damned if I know what to do with it.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Put it on everything. I fried some eggs this morning and used it on that. Baked some pork chops last night, used it on that. Haven't tried it on cereal yet

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There's an Aldi within walking distance of my job. It's cheap — that's about the only thing good about it.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Agreed on TJ cereal. It’s excellent. And around these parts, it’s $3 instead of $7 at the other grocery stores.

TJ’s also has a variety of tasty granola bars.

Shopping at TJ’s here is a full-contact sport. You can always spot a rookie. Eyes full of fear.

Despite lines that snake around the store, I’m always stunned at how efficient and fast checkout is.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

First time I saw that, I said I'm out. Not doing this. The guy in charge of the line said 10 minutes, tops. No way I told him.
    Way. I was at the register in seven minutes.

The stores in the burbs aren't as bad in terms of crowds.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Because I have Caddyshack on my brain at all times ... every time I drive past the one near my house, a brown brick building, I hear a form of Judge Smails' quote in my head.

"There's a brown Aldi parked in my space!"

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We have a Trader Joe’s in our town and I think it is one of only a couple in NJ which can sell alcohol. We shop there a couple of times a week at a minimum.

Off of the top of my head, I really like the dark chocolate covered almonds, the different types of chicken sausage, the shawarma chicken, the fresh salsa, lemongrass chicken sticks, pork buns, some of the new bagged salads, and the tiny avocados.

Mrs. W is a member of a Facebook group that has Trader Joe’s recipes and she probably tries something new every week of so.

I don’t find the prices on the wine to be that great (and the Charles Shaw is paint thinner), but it is funny on Sunday to see people coming from church and waiting around the store for noon to come when they open up the alcohol section.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I take a peanut butter sandwich to work every day.

$7? Are you buying the Duggar Family Size?

10. Deskgrunt50

New York City can be pricey.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Those rules are asinine. The Whole Foods in Paramus is one of only three (think that's what a guy in the Morristown WF said) that can sell alcohol.
    Whole Foods gets good craft beers and some are reasonably priced.

12. Deskgrunt50

Loaded up at TJ’s this morning. Such a good deal in NYC. Prices the same regardless of location. We probably save almost 45 percent on groceries.

Been watching the calorie intake. But couldn’t resist one bag of the orange chicken. A treat for a heavy workout day.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted