1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Trader Joe's items

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

TJ

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I only go to the local Aldi rarely but you save a shit-ton of money compared to the 2 big markets in town.

$100 at Aldi is probably $300-$350 at the big markets. "Brand" names for most things don't mean squat.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Sure, go for it. Try the cheese, too.

[​IMG]

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I sit on a local economic development board, and if I hear one more person ask about getting a Trader Joe's in town my head will explode.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Moderator1

Get one and they'll stop asking.

An Aldi opened two blocks from my son's house. He goes there more often than he thought he would, said the quality has surprised him. He admits to being a grocery snob.

TJ's has the best knockoff cereal I've had. Also love the "Joe" coffee and the cheese selection. Don't tell anyone, but cooking for one is an ass so I buy more frozen meals than I should. Their meat lasagna is the best I've had of that type of thing. I also love their mini heirloom tomatoes and mini carrots of many colors.

6. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

Their frozen Indian food isn't bad either. Same with the Mac & Cheese. I'll go hide now.

7. Moderator1

I'll have to grab some of the mac&cheese next time I'm in there.
    What's the best Indian dish? Come out of hiding long enough to tell me that. I'll go buy some and then go hide, too

I also love their French-cut pork chops. I throw some of those tomatoes and carrots around them - along with the Everything But the Bagel seasoning - and I have two meals.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Grown ass adults and their fascination with mac & cheese is beyond me. Might as well serve it as a side to cheap hot dogs with ketchup.

9. Moderator1

You have some of my "to your knees mac&cheese" and you'll be singing a different tune.

Though grown-ass adult is not a category I fit into easily

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Really love the yellow curry sauce - Mix in a jar with a pound of chicken, two pounds / half a jar if you don't want it as spicy. Serve with a cooked cup of their rice, which is also really cheap. We've also gotten the marinated chickens and really liked them. The beef, less so. And like others have said, I've found the produce to be really hit or miss. We have a local grocery chain, Dave's, and the two regional chains - Stop and Shop, and Shaw's - usually have cheaper or better offerings.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Four pages in, and what the fuck, no Two Buck Chuck?

Twirling Time likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The shaving lotion is amazing.

Try the Aldi thin crust pizzas.

Draft saved Draft deleted