1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite sites?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jun 16, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm off today, relatively broke, and want to find new sites to surf. What are your must-reads on a given day? I like snark/pop culture/whatever, fashion, music, etc.

I (not surprisingly) couldn't care less about news/politics. Please don't tell me to go read Drudge. Please.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

IMDB.com - Click on a favorite actor or actress and see what they have coming up.

Hulu

screenit.com - they list every objectionable thing in a movie for parents and they have very good (and tough) movie reviews.

I honestly cannot believe that I would know of one that you do not know of already.

3. imjustagirl

I knew of the first two. Didn't know screenit, but I have no kids and actually PREFER movies that are objectionable. :D

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://www.warrenbuffett.com/warren-buffett-10-ways-to-get-rich/

5. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

SportsJournalists.com! Sorry, couldn't resist.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Due to crowd noise, the often rapid-fire delivery of profanities and similarly paced songs that contain almost nothing but profanity, the following count should be considered a bare minimum. In addition, some of the following words or phrases are also seen in written form during the film and most are said by third graders.
    At least 133 "f" words (with at least 3 used sexually), 36 "s" words, 9 slang terms for male genitals ("d*ck," "c*ck" and "pr*ck"), 3 slang terms for female genitals ("p*ssy" and "poontang"), 17 asses (one used with "hole"), 5 damns, 3 S.O.B.s, 2 hells, 1 crap and 4 uses each of "G-damn" and "Oh my God" and 1 use each of "Dear God" and "For God's sakes" as exclamations.

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Actually, I like to visit other newspaper sites, especially if there's a hot story there. Check out newslink.org.

Another cool site is www.refdesk.com, which links you to lots and lots of cool sites.

I agree that imdb.com is cool. It's easy and enjoyable to get lost in that site. You keep asking yourself, "what about...?"

8. imjustagirl

See, 93D, that's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I'm guessing that movie wouldn't get a PG rating. So why would parents need to know?

9. imjustagirl

I never get lost on imdb. I think of something, go look it up, may hit on the bio section to see who they went to HS with...then leave. It's full of information, but it's not entertaining at all.

10. pffft

pffft Member

11points.com

dontevenreply.com (if you're into the messing with people for our enjoyment kind of thing)

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Second the dontevenreply.com mention. Good stuff.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted