1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite SI covers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Sep 16, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So I'm dedicating a wall in my sparking, new man cave to my favorite Sports Illustrated covers. I have room for four, and already have one made up. (The wife got me a framed Strasburg cover for my birthday a few weeks ago.)

Anyway, I need three more -- well, two, since the George Mason one will be included -- but I'm having a hard time picking out the other two.

Not asking for advice, but I'm curious.....which SI covers over the years are your favorite?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You really don't want to know mine, but I would think that Riggins cover would be one of your four.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. 93Devil

OK, for Steeler fans, this one is a classic...

[​IMG]

and this one...

[​IMG]

4. JackReacher

Ohhhh. That's a good one. For the Skins selection, though, I think I might go with the Doug Williams one. I recall that Super Bowl win more than the one with Riggins, although that's a damn good one.

Edit: Not a Steelers fan, but that Lambert one is solid.

5. 93Devil

I don't think that was "the" run though in that game. It could be, but I don't think it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My favorite:

[​IMG]

7. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sonner, I have a box of about 100 Sports Illustrateds from the last decade or so. If there is a specific cover you need, drop me a PM. I'll mail it to you. I really have no use for them.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

To this day, I believe, the only SI cover without a caption:

[​IMG]

My idol comes to my favorite team:

[​IMG]

The view of the crowd is worth an hour of your time. And it's also one of the biggest shots in college basketball history:

[​IMG]

The ultimate team player, Kerry Meier, was a role player for the 2007 Jayhawks. But it was because of players like him that allowed Kansas to have its best season ever.

[​IMG]

Back when boxing was cool, this shot was one of my favorites. Tyson in his intimidating best:

[​IMG]

11. JackReacher

Love the Tyson one. It's on the short list.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have the Kid Dynamite cover (Tyson's first) autographed. I watched him sign it as a teenager. His autograph is the equivalent of a squiggly line.

Draft saved Draft deleted