1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite SI covers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Sep 16, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So I'm dedicating a wall in my sparking, new man cave to my favorite Sports Illustrated covers. I have room for four, and already have one made up. (The wife got me a framed Strasburg cover for my birthday a few weeks ago.)

Anyway, I need three more -- well, two, since the George Mason one will be included -- but I'm having a hard time picking out the other two.

Not asking for advice, but I'm curious.....which SI covers over the years are your favorite?
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You really don't want to know mine, but I would think that Riggins cover would be one of your four.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. 93Devil

OK, for Steeler fans, this one is a classic...

and this one...

4. JackReacher

Ohhhh. That's a good one. For the Skins selection, though, I think I might go with the Doug Williams one. I recall that Super Bowl win more than the one with Riggins, although that's a damn good one.

Edit: Not a Steelers fan, but that Lambert one is solid.
  5. 93Devil

I don't think that was "the" run though in that game. It could be, but I don't think it is.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My favorite:

7. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sonner, I have a box of about 100 Sports Illustrateds from the last decade or so. If there is a specific cover you need, drop me a PM. I'll mail it to you. I really have no use for them.
  9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

To this day, I believe, the only SI cover without a caption:

My idol comes to my favorite team:

The view of the crowd is worth an hour of your time. And it's also one of the biggest shots in college basketball history:

The ultimate team player, Kerry Meier, was a role player for the 2007 Jayhawks. But it was because of players like him that allowed Kansas to have its best season ever.

Back when boxing was cool, this shot was one of my favorites. Tyson in his intimidating best:

11. JackReacher

Love the Tyson one. It's on the short list.
  12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have the Kid Dynamite cover (Tyson's first) autographed. I watched him sign it as a teenager. His autograph is the equivalent of a squiggly line.
Draft saved Draft deleted