1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Reality-Type Shows?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JosephC.Myers, May 20, 2012.

1. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I was sitting here watching "Deadliest Catch" on TV and got curious as to what type of "reality shows" the people of SportsJournalists.com happen to like and/or watch. I watch "Deadliest Catch", "Ax Men", "Devil's Ride" and "Wicked Tuna" pretty regularly and some others infrequently.
    Also, if you watch something not everybody may have heard of, throw it out there for general consumption.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

All of them.

3. JosephC.Myers

Nothing in particular you like any more than the others? I forgot that I like "Swamp People", too.

4. JosephC.Myers

I'll second what Creosote said. LOL

5. imjustagirl

Nope. I like all kinds.

6. JosephC.Myers

OK. Your answer was kind of vague. Didn't know if there were any certain ones you liked better than the rest.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My latest guilty pleasure is "South Beach Tow" on TruTv. It's an absolute train wreck, it's pretty obvious most of the situations are staged, but I can't turn it off once I start watching. If it's not 90 percent (or more) fake, then Miami Beach has to be the best town to get your ass kicked in in America.

8. imjustagirl

What's vague about "all of them?"

9. JosephC.Myers

Well, maybe not vague. Just thought you might have one or two you liked better than the rest is all.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Auction Hunters and Storage Wars

11. JosephC.Myers

Most of the towing/repo things strike me as being staged. Like you, when I get started watching one of them, it's hard to change the channel because of just how much of a train wreck it is.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I find Storage Wars fascinating. Shortly after college, I had a neighbor who would buy units and I helped him move stuff a few times... I was definitely intrigued by what he was doing, but never enough so to do it myself.

I also like that with the DVR you can watch an episode in about 15 minutes...

Draft saved Draft deleted