1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite read/listen that you disagree with

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printit, Oct 10, 2013.

1. printit

printit Member

(this might not go in Sports and News, no hard feelings if it gets moved)

One of the things I love about this site is that I am finding links and/or references to some great writing, much of it by people I don't much agree with politically. While I found salon.com before coming here, I absolutely love reading Alex Pareene. I don't think he and I would agree on a thing politically, but I love reading his work. Thought it would be an interesting topic to see if there is anyone out there anyone disagrees with but enjoys.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Taibbi in Rolling Stone.

I think he is extremely whiny and goes places he doesn't have to to make his points, and I also feel infuriated after I read many of his stories. But he's such a masterful wordsmith that I can't stop reading him.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Antonin Scalia

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Before he went completely batshit crazy (roughly Year 2 of Clinton's first term), I thought Limbaugh was actually extremely entertaining. Biting wit, and made you think every once in a while. After his TV show tanked, he wasn't the same.

Jim Rome is my current why-do-I-listen-to-this-guy? guy. I don't know why, but I tune in every chance I get.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Alex Jones [/smallpotatoes]

Draft saved Draft deleted