1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite quickly cancelled television series

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by friend of the friendless, Jul 26, 2011.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Without question...mine:

"Windfall"

Summer 2006. About the lottery winners on NBC. Luke Perry, Jason Gedric (yes, Gedric in another failed series).

Only 10 or 11 episodes but I was hooked!

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Finished Season 2 of Sports Night a couple days ago, and the last half of the season was a book I couldn't put down. Definitely left me wanting more, even with the aforementioned sexual tension issues.

Second the Sabrina Lloyd crush.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sabrina Lloyd: Definitely the smart but cute little overachiever who I found irresistible in my younger days.

5. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

I can't remember if this was mentioned earlier, but Action was about as dark as a show could possibly be on network TV and had about zero percent chance of success. Plus, Buddy Hackett. Today, it would probably a breakout show on FX.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Good call on Action - I imagine the creators of Entourage are eternally grateful Fox outbid HBO for the show.

7. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Garrison's Gorillas. A '60s TV version of The Dirty Dozen. Probably wouldn't hold up now but I loved it as a kid. And it had Mayor Carmine DePasto as one of the Gorillas.

[​IMG]

8. Andre Brower had a short-lived heist show, in fact, I think that was the name actually, on FX a few years back. Based in New Orleans I believe. I like Brower, so I liked the show, but it didn't make it, much like men of a certain age. Sigh.

9. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I definitely watched "It's Your Move" (the show's creators soon went on to create Married w/ Children) and "Action" was a great show. Thankfully that too is on DVD.

Draft saved Draft deleted