1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Play in Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

The Walk-Off Balk.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My favorite, Efren Herrera of the Seahawks running right through the middle to catch the pass on MNF

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/992783-10-best-trick-plays-in-nfl-history/page/2

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The perfectly hit grounder right to the third-base bag for a 5-4-3 triple play. I saw one live in 1980. Sal Bando was the hitter for the Brewers, Tom Brookens was the Tigers third baseman. And a fine quote from the late George Bamberger, then the Brewers manager: "That triple play took us right out of the inning."

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

It's not that big, but it always gets me on my feet -- a cornerback jumping a route on the line for a Pick Six.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The SS diving into the hole and making the long throw (Ozzie or Vizquel);

The perfectly thrown bomb (Brodie to Gene Washington)

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A successful Hail Mary pass to win a game. The ones that end a half just aren't the same.

Any trick football play (flea flicker, reverse, hook-and-lateral) that goes for a touchdown.

Any time a team tries the Cal-Stanford play and manages to keep it alive for more than five laterals. It's an all-time when it ends in a touchdown. It's just as good when they make it to the 30-yard line, a few laterals go screwy, and they start going backward and wind up at their own 20 but the play is still alive.

Triples, inside the park homers, and close plays at the plate in baseball. That last one is currently being ruined by the new blocking rule, though.

A running back diving over the top of the pile for a touchdown.

Concussions be damned. A good, clean, devastating hit on a running back who has his head turned while flaring out into the flat for a pass.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado-Michigan.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A field goal return, Iron Bowl style.

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

FTFY

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jim Everett to Flipper Anderson in stride into the end into the locker room, Goodnight, G-Men!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01OUUNwrphk

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If it's single plays, one the following week involving Flipper is one of my favorites.
    NFC championship game, Jim Everett throws a bomb to a wide-open Anderson around the 10-yard line. Ronnie Lott sprints about 40 yards across the field while the ball is in the air and knocks it away at the last second to prevent a touchdown.

12. joe

joe Active Member

Winning three-pointer at the buzzer, ala Bryce Drew for Valpo.

Draft saved Draft deleted