1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite MTV show, past AND present

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDJournalist, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Oh, and for NDJournalist, I'd rather take a pencil in the ass [/crossthread] than watch a minute of MTV today.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

And even breathing isn't that important.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Some men in television history have had an unbelievable knack for portraying complete and utter dipshits, Will Arnett as GOB Bluth, Max Baer Jr. as Jethro Bodine, Ricky Gervais as David Brent and Steve Carrell as Michael Scott, Jeffrey Tambor as Hank Kingsley among them. Veep's Matt Walsh is getting there.

But few, if any, have done it as well as Shain Gandee.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

To the thread title.
    PRESENT: Only thing watchable right now is Ridiculousness, Rob Dyrdek's less annoying version of Tosh.0
    PAST: Toss-up between Yo! MTV Raps and Headbangers' Ball, but I'll give it the rap guys for having Ed Lover and the other Dr Dre

As for videos, Billie Jean is one of the best I ever saw. Also loved the Van Halen videos, especially Hot for Teacher. And older ones like Burnin Down the House and Safety Dance. Still remember vividly the Buggles and that creepy song.

6. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Shain Gandee was just being himself, a street smart, fun-loving, kindhearted adventurist.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Adventurist!?! Give me a break. He wasn't climbing Everest or kayaking the Snake River. He was doing stupid redneck stuff.

And if he current version of MTV was the only channel my TV got, I'd take a 12 gauge to it.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Now that's a Second Amendment solution I can get behind!

9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I'm in for that, too.

What was the dating show they used to have where they had one contestant, and then 3 potential dates on a bus? And the contestant could say something and end the date with No. 1 whenever they wanted, then go on to No. 2, and No. 3 if they wanted to? And in the end, if they asked out the date they were with, the date could say yes, or say no and collect money for the length of time they lasted, maybe?

Horrible show, but I remember being under the influence many times and laughing my ass off while watching that and scoping out the hot young sluts on there.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yep, watched that one under the influence a few times myself. NEXT!

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/07/the-15-most-ridiculous-dating-shows/next

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Also "enjoyed" Room Raiders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_Raiders

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Thank you. I loved the ones where the person wouldn't even have stepped off the bus yet and the guy/girl would shout "Next! Don't even bother getting off!" to the person.

Draft saved Draft deleted