1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite MTV show, past AND present

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDJournalist, Jun 21, 2013.

1. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

As a kid, I loved Remote Control, Yo! MTV Raps, and Headbangers' Ball. Great stuff. I remember the videos and the VJs, too. Kurt Loder and Downtown Julie Brown. Wubba Wubba Wubba.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the Rock & Jock baseball and basketball games. Especially basketball, with its 25- and 50-point shots.

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Touch of Grey was awesome

Land of Confusion, awesomer

4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING PRESENTLY WORTH WATCHING!

If they went back to the days when Stephen Tyler could turn his daughter into a sex object, then I'd watch.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When Beavis and Butt-head went off the air (taking with them the last music videos ever aired on MTV), the channel became unwatchable.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I actually forgot Clone High was on MTV, that show was great.

7. Jake_Taylor

I have a hard time putting Buckwild in the past shows category because I think it lives on in our hearts and minds, probably will forever, and every time I rewatch an episode it's a lot like Arrested Development where I'm catching subtle nuances I didn't notice on previous viewings.

8. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

That's actually a really good point, Jake.

9. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Jake, I feel you will enjoy this tribute.

10. Jake_Taylor

I tried, but I only made it through a minute and a half of that. Too emotional.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

This is one of the earliest videos I can remember, and because I was like 5 when it came out, I really couldn't follow what was actually happening in it. That being said, this song totally holds up. What an awesome riff at the beginning.

And this one, to me, is just a classic.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

MTV has become a travesty and a joke.

Draft saved Draft deleted