1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Movie-TV Cameo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

JFK in the Transformers 3.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The NBA players in "Forget Paris".

Kareem: "You can't throw me out. This is my farewell game!"

Billy Crystal: "Then let me be the first to say ... Farewell!"

Some others:

Barkley and Laimbeer shoving each other in the bar fight in "Hot Shots"

The Houston Astros in "Bad News Bears in Breaking Training" (LET THEM PLAY!)

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not a cameo, but I can't help myself. Popped "Garden State" into the DVD player last night. It's been a while since I watched it, but... dammit if that wasn't Jim Parsons, "Sheldon" from "Big Bang Theory," as the geeky Medeival Times knight who was schtupping Peter Sarsgaard's mom.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Why has nobody mentioned John Madden, Emmitt Smith, Bruce Smith, Tim Brown and Brian Emtman in Little Giants?
    Starts at 7:00 of this clip:

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Jennifer Anniston did a guest shot on South Park, too. She was a teacher in the episode where they went to the rain forest.

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

"BASEketball": Kareem, Dale Earnhardt, Reggie Jackson. All get a laugh.

Also, the guy who played Matt Parkman in "Heroes" plays for the New Jersey Informants.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hulk Hogan in "Gremlins 2"

Derek Jeter in "The Other Guys" (Followed by the angry cop yelling, "You shoulda shot A-Rod!")

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thats great, I have to go watch that again. BBT is very funny.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Bad late-night TV, with "The Last Dragon." And there they are: William H. Macy as Vanity's manager and as Bruce Leroy's little sister, Keisha Knight "Don't Call Me Rudi Huxtable" Pulliam. Sho-Nuff!

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Somebody mentioned Lance Armstrong in Dodgeball right?

Sparky Anderson's sports talk show on WKRP getting yanked because of low ratings?

Draft saved Draft deleted