1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Movie-TV Cameo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 22, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Charlie Sheen in "Wall Street 2" ... good scene

2. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

David Letterman in Cabin Boy. His one line was something like "Make sure you try the London broil." David Simon as a reporter in Season 2 of the Wire when the press grilled Frank Sobotka. And season 5 of the Wire ... John Munch shows up talking to a bartender reminiscing about when he owned a bar with a couple of other cops. Ollie Stone getting blown to smithereens by a suicide bomber in Platoon. Jimmy Fallon for 15 seconds in Band of Brothers.
    Oh, and what's-his-name from the Sopranos ... the fat guy who lost all the weight, turned out to be gay, moved to Vermont and shacked up with the guy in the diner ... Vito??? In season 1, he walks into a bakery or some place right after Chrissy shoots the guy behind the counter in the foot. I think he was just some random customer and later got a regular gig on the show. Jesus, I watch too much damn TV.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A few from ER:

Rosemary Clooney as a singing patient.

Ray Liotta as a patient dying, but he can't speak.

Before he became famous on West Wing, Bradley Whitford as the dad in the "Love's Labor Lost" episode, where Dr. Greene messes up, then tries to save a woman and baby in labor.

4. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

It was "Wanna buy a monkey?"

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not a fan of his politics, but I always enjoyed Al Gore's bits in a couple episodes of Futurama. I think he did at least one of those while he was still vice president.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I never realized that was Anthony Munoz until this minute, and I love that movie.

John Wayne when Desi was in a movie in Hollywood in "I Love Lucy." Sorry if that's been mentioned, I skipped a page or two.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

George Clooney as the voice of Cartman's cat in heat.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wow. That's right. Great pull.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Dustin Hoffman was credited as Sam Etic in a classic Simpsons episode, and IIRC, Michael Jackson was actually Michael Jackson, uncerdited, doing his voice as an impression by a mental health patient. Lisa, It's Your Birthday...

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ann-Margret and Tony Curtis did their own voices. So did James Darren, as well as Elizabeth Montgomery and Dick York in a Flintstones-Bewitched crossover episode (both shows were produced by Screen Gems).

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

But apparently the song was sung by an impersonator because Jacko's label wouldn't let him record it.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Not sure it is the best one, but on St. Elsewhere they had the guy who played Coolidge from the White Shadow (and I believe he was still playing the character of Coolidge, post-hoops) and he ran into Timothy Van Patten and said "Hey, Salami!" (or something like that) ... but Van Patten was playing a totally different character. Funny bit.

St. Elsewhere also had a line where a guy said "Watch the gurney, Hal" or something like that, which I always thought was a play on Hal Gurnee, who was the director of NBC's Late Nite With David Letterman.

Draft saved Draft deleted