1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Movie-TV Cameo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Neil Patrick Harris in Harold & Kumar is a close second.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Christopher Walken's was as good, probably better.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I like it more subtle... like Chuck Yeager in "The Right Stuff" or Pappy Boyington appearing as a general in the old "Black Sheep Squadron" show. Little appearances that you wouldn't catch normally.

That said, seeing Barker beat the shit out of Gilmore and throw in the "bitch" makes me cackle every time. And NPH in "Harold and Kumar"? Gave the dude a whole new career. Hard to beat that.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

"Back to the Beach."
    Frankie, now an insurance salesman in Ohio, and Annette visit their daughter in Malibu. Frankie and Annette have a big fight. Frankie goes to the bar to drown his sorrows.
    Drunk and slobbering, he keeps wailing away to the (unseen) bartender.
    "Another double, little buddy ... another double, little buddy."
    "Quit calling me 'little buddy,' " says the bartender as the camera pans back to reveal Bob Denver as Gilligan, complete with white sailor had and red shirt.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Oh, man, I forgot about that. That was awesome.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Coming to America:" Akeem, while on his date with Lisa, gives a bag of cash to two bums sleeping on the street. The bums turn out to be Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy as the Duke brothers from "Trading Places."

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Clint Howard in any Ron Howard movie. I always look for him.

And the real Jim Lovell shaking the character Jim Lovel's hand as he steps on the aircraft carrier at the end of Apollo 13 is pretty neat.

And Kevin Costner's wrist in "The Big Chill."

8. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Graham Hill, Phil Hill, Bruce McLaren, Jochen Rindt, Jack Brabham, Richie Ginther, Jo Siffert, and Jo Bonnier in "Grand Prix"

George Harrison in "The Rutles"

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

This was mentioned in one of the other threads, but Gene Hackman's cameo as the blind hermit in Young Frankenstein was priceless.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This might be considered a small part rather than a cameo, but I liked Stan Lee's appearance in Mallrats. Certainly better than most of his other cameos.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hitchcock

Billy Crystal - Mime is Money

Johnny Chan - Rounders

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Detlef Schrempf in "Parks and Recreation"

Billy Idol in The Wedding Singer"

Draft saved Draft deleted