1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite milkshake

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ncbabyblues, Apr 13, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Not a milkshake but a malt. And it's gotta be chocolate. And it's usually made in my kitchen.

Here's one for y'all to try: Three scoops orange sherbet, one scoop vanilla ice cream, 7-up, blend. It's the perfect orange dreamsicle.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I used to order two of those at a time at McDonald's back in the day.

They ruined them, though, by switching over to that crappy ice cream mix they use, and replaing the mint flavoring with some crappy green food-coloring crap.

McDonald's also used to have great banana and orange shakes at varying times throughout the year.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The Arctic Orange in the '70s or early '80s was the bomb.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There used to be a little mom and pop place along I-5 just north of Roseburg, Oregon. I have no idea if it's still there. They had phenomenal milkshakes. The best one I had was peanut butter & jelly. It was the only thing that made a trip to Roseburg tolerable.

5. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

[​IMG]

No matter the flavor, this guy will drink it up.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Very true. Not as good as they once were, but I still go in and get one once a week or so.

It's the only time I go in to McDonald's during the year.

7. Norman Stansfield

When I was in high school, I had just gotten my first car and me and a buddy were out riding around.

We stopped at a McDonald's and each got a Shamrock shake. I finished mine, and he had about half of his. He then decided to throw the rest out the window but didn't throw the cup hard enough, and the contents flew back into the car through the open back window and plastered themselves all over my back seat and window :mad:

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

9. Norman Stansfield

Great call. I forgot about those.

I've become a big fan recently of the Vanilla Frosty at Wendy's, too.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

1. Chocolate malts from a mom-and-pop joint
    2. Egg nog shake from Braum's
    3. Shamrock shakes

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like a good vanilla shake any day. But I'm with Beaks: Very few things in life beat a good root beer float.

12. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Butterscotch.

Draft saved Draft deleted