1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite manager blowup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, Jun 26, 2006.

1. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I finally found the Lasorda-TJ clip. it's on this site: http://www.fadetoblack.com/outtakes/index1.html

the "TJ" blowup is the one that says: "This clip was recorded in the clubhouse after a Dodger loss."
    there's also the great one about kurt bevacqua right below it where he says when he was getting ready to pitch against a team that had a player like bevacqua that he'd send a limosine to get him to make sure he was in the lineup.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Love the organ music in the background.

3. Varla

Varla Member

"Well, Terry, Terry Crowley's lucky he's in fucking baseball for Christ sake. He was released by the Cincinnati Reds, he was released by the fucking god dammed Atlanta Braves. We saw that Terry Crowley could sit on his fucking ass for eight innings and enjoy watching the baseball game just like any other fan, and has the ability to get up there and break one open in the fucking ninth. So if this cocksucker would mind his own business and let me manage the fucking team we'd be a lot better off."

Classic! It makes me laugh every time I hear it.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Which is funny, because Bevacqua was an infinitely better player than Lasorda was a pitcher.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On the Baltimore Orioles Baseball Fucking Network....

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I have heard clips of this with the bleeps in them. Oh...my..god, Lasorda is fucking hilarious! Bobby Knight has nothing on Tommy blowing up like Mt. St. Helens.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

Once I got Lasorda on the phone and asked him why baseball managers wear uniforms. I swear like a fucking sailor, and his answer made me blush.

Draft saved Draft deleted