1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Guilty Pleasures - Music Edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, May 26, 2013.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Some people are so mean.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No guilt at all.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

That is such an amazing version. I've probably watched that video 200 times.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If you don't like the music or movies that I like, you are a snob.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'd never heard of her till I clicked that link. Now I'm watching as many of them as I can.

6. GidalKaiser

GidalKaiser Member

*NSync. *shakes head, hangs it in shame. Then breaks out into Bye Bye Bye dance moves.*

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't know if it qualifies but I buy more than a few soundtracks. Maybe a movie just has a good sampling of a particular genre (LA Confidential, Tin Cup) or a number of artists I like, but I'm not sure about, or the themes are good (Gettysburg). I've also been known to buy some of the NOW series.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Before my time, but I know and like both of them. I've always enjoyed music that predates me, stuff that my older siblings and even my parents grew up with.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

-- Taylor Swift. Yeah, I should just hand over my mancard.
    -- Lots of '80s hair rock, and not just the good stuff like Def Leppard and Motley Crue (which I do like), but the crap like Warrant too.
    -- Fun. Only a guilty pleasure because I shouldn't like music my 16-year-old son likes.
    -- Sir Elton John.
    -- Soundtracks to musicals (esp. Rent).
    -- Spice Girls. Yep, there goes the mancard for sure.
    -- Journey
    -- Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus"
    -- Huey Lewis and the News
    -- Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A." But maybe that isn't so much a guilty pleasure as a way to embarrass my children by turning it up loud and singing along in the car in hopes someone who knows them will see.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Rent is a great soundtrack. Phantom of the Opera (especially the Sarah Brightman parts) is another favorite.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2063814/sarah_brightman_singing_phantom_of_the_opera_from_vienna/

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I own three soundtracks:
    'The Commitments' - The Commitments
    'Even Cowgirls Get the Blues' - K.D. Lang
    'Oh Brother, Where art Thou?' - various

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'll echo a few others. Nothing to be ashamed about with either the Commodores or Hall & Oates.

Draft saved Draft deleted