1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Guilty Pleasures - Music Edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, May 26, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I saw a duo from Seattle called Bananafish back in the mid-90s. They did a pretty cool cover of this.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=Bananafish+Don't+Let+The+Sun+Catch+You+Crying

I really liked their sound and ended up buying all three of their CDs at the show. A lot of really good original stuff, too.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Don't know what else to say.

3. Don't consider the Commodores a guilty pleasure by any stretch. Anyway, Color Me Badd. Not just "I Wanna Sex You Up" but the entire album. My 2 yo daughter started dancing when All 4 Love came on Pandora recently. Good enough for me to play whole album ad nauseum.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'm as hard core a Southern Rock/Classic Rock guy as there is, but, although I don't own Mmm Bop or Wannabe, I don't turn them off if they come on (in fact, I turn them up).

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Love "Mmm Bop".

Culture Club too.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

and Partridge Family songs led to Bruce Springsteen's career.
    The guy who was managing one of his early bands at the Jersey Shore had a connection that knew wannabe managers Mike Appel and Jim Cretos who were working as songwriters for the Partridge Family (among other things). Once Bruce auditioned for them a second time, they ditched their day job songwriting and took up managing.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have a couple of long-forgotten cassettes of late-60s bubblegum compiled. Probably completely reviled in the day, but it was timeless pop music.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

This is a great thread. Lots of new ideas for the mp3 player.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Double J, if you're old enough to remember this one ... Once I started listening to it recently, I couldn't get it out of my head.

or this one

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No one should feel guilty about digging Culture Club.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Me either. I saw the Commodores back the early '80s and enjoyed the show. I also saw the Stylistics at the same venue and heard them perform "Betcha By Golly Wow." No regrets.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'll have to dig up my old Guilty Pleasures mix and give it a listen, but I remember that "Fernando," "Heaven Is a Place on Earth" and "Total Eclipse of the Heart" were on there. I'll also jam Jojo's "Leave" if it comes on.

Draft saved Draft deleted