1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite gift, 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Dec 25, 2008.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

The gift must be awesome, since it even landed its own facebook photo. ;)

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

A magnificient limited edition lithograph of Ebbets Field, signed, numbered and beautifully framed that my brother in law and nephew spent time tracking down after they noticed how much Brooklyn Dodgers crap I was buying on our trip to Cooperstown last July.

And a bonus, unscheduled gift from my B-I-L, a high-level techie at ABC who happened to make a bunch of DVDs of the ESPN doc on The Greatest Game Ever Played...which I did not see because I was working. He was talking about how good it was when I mentioned I didn't see it. He hopped up, went into his computer room and came out with one of his "extra" copies.

Damn good stuff.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

The Ebbets Field lithograph sounds cool.

Good gift: New winter coat, which I desperately needed.

Best gift: A better than expected diagnosis for my ill father. He won't have to undergo major surgery as was first thought.

4. A honeymoon. :)

Lord, I can't wait.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'm typing on my best gift.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Call it cheesy or lame, but the best gift I can ever receive is the appreciation of something I give. This year, I gave my wife an iPod Nano (Yes, we're poor and several years behind the techno-gadget curve) loaded with about 1,500-2,000 (I lost count several weeks ago) songs from her mammoth CD collection. She's really into music, and I think she started to tear up when I explained all the possibilities of the thing.

As for me, the best thing I received was a copy of "Bigfoot: I Not Dead" by Graham Roumieu, a delightfully offbeat illustrated book. Great stuff.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

A purple digital camera from Mr. Cougar (I can finally stop using disposable cameras!) and a Louis Vuitton Murakami handbag. Love. It.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Two crisp new $100 bills in a card.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Our first HD set.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Gotta love the classics.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I was the same way this year. My girlfriend's reaction when she saw Rose Bowl tickets was the best part of my holiday. Never seen her so giddy. It was awesome. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted