1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Female Vocalist

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by editorhoo, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I was going through to find some of the other Chrissy songs I loved growing up.

Man, what a sad little story this video told ...

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As well as "Back On The Chain Gang," which sounds jangly and jaunty, but in reality is a memorial elegy for a fellow band member (and in a symbolic sense, maybe about John Lennon):

And one of the most poignant pop-rock Christmas songs ever recorded (I'm sure a separate thread on this will get going within days, but while we're on a minor Pretenders-jack, why not?), "2000 Miles":

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That classic first Pretenders lineup was such a shit-kicking band. James Honeyman Scott coulda been a contender for hottest axe guy around. His solo in "Tattooed Love Boys" is one of my all-time faves.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Most delicious irony of Chrissie's career: noted sworn enemy of PETA Rush Limbaugh has probably put her two daughters through college via royalties from one of the greatest bass lines ever.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Sorry I just vomited a little in my mouth, that was a joke right?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No joke, I like the way she sings.

Draft saved Draft deleted