1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite college marching/pep band song?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeremy Goodwin, Aug 20, 2007.

?

What is your favorite college marching/pep band song?

1. Fight On Southern Cal

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Victory march (Notre Dame)

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Michigan (Hail to the Victors)

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  4. Aggie War Hymn (Texas A&M)

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Rocky Top (Tennessee)

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Boomer Sooner (Oklahoma)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Fight the Team (Ohio State)

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. Other

23 vote(s)
    38.3%
  9. Texas Fight (Texas)

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. On Wisconsin (Wisconsin)

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The Aggies aren't likely to drink bocks. That's tea-sipper beer.

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

You forgot. It's Zima for the Texas boys and Lone Star for the Ags.

The Dixie Chicken ain't anything too special, either. Now Layne's, that's another story.

3. writing irish

I'm guessing that it's Bud and Bud Light for both Longhorns and Aggies. Shiner and Lone Star is more for the indie-rocker kids who tend not to care about football.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You can insult Ags all you want, but not the Dixie Chicken . . . DEAD. TO. ME!!!!!!!!

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

Yeah, that's true. Although, in my trips there I've noticed an overwhelming Aggie loyalty to Miller Light. I know several Horns who like Corona and Dos Equis and that crap.

6. sportschick

Um, I think it's Lone Star for the Ags. My dad, my mother, my sister and every other member of my family who attended TAMU drink Lone Star religiously.

7. dargan

dargan Active Member

I thought I had remembered Lone Star's presence in Aggieland.

I hope it wasn't any upperclassmen-overall-wearing relatives of yours who were upset with me at an Aggie game for not bending over and "humping it" in the student section on one visit. You seem too civil for that.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I've always liked Rocky Top and Aggie War Hymn gets in my head, too. But one I like that I haven't seen on here yet is Navy's. It's an extremely catchy tune.

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

Shoulda been at the Cotton Bowl a couple years ago. Well, you would have heard Rocky Top a lot, anyway.

10. writing irish

I've never been to College Station, so I really don't know jack about Aggie tastes. I stand corrected about the Lone Star, SC. That makes me feel better about the Aggies. A little. Don't know why they'd be fiercely loyal to a San Antonio beer, but I don't understand Aggies, period.

Hoover's, a semi-upscale soul food place just a long home run away from UT's softball field, makes the best jalapeno creamed spinach in the world. A helping of that, some cornbread and a cold Shiner would be great right about now.

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

I'll have to remember that. I pretty much try my hardest to go to Pappadeaux's whenever I'm in Austin (or Northwest Dallas, or Arlington, or Houston).

12. sportschick

Eh, we don't let Dad go to games much these days, so it was probably somebody else.

And I'm really not civil. You should ask around :D

Draft saved Draft deleted