1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Christmas song

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Guitarist Gary Hoey annually does a small Ho-Ho-Hoey Christmas Tour -- he was just in my town a week ago. Plays Christmas songs (sans words) with his shredding guitar riffs.

For me, though, it's not Christmas if I don't listen to my friends' Christmas Boo album in which they parody several Christmas songs with voice impersonations of Pearl Jam "Frosty The Snowman" B-52's doing a medley of Christmas songs, the Traveling Wilburys on "Do You Hear What I Hear," and, of course, "White Christmas" by Public Enemy with a few lyric changes!

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I heard a cool novelty on the weekend that I've heard in previous years but forgot about -
    sung by a Beatles-soundalike group to the tune of "I Saw Her Standing There."

I also heard
    by Randy Bachman, a rewrite/recording of his massively overplayed and overrated "Takin' Care of Business." Good for one listen, but probably no more than that.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't know if this video has been posted yet. Donlt know when the fabulous Darlene Love will visit Letterman this week. But it ain't Christamas without:

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Darlene Love is on Wednesday's show, Dec. 23. Jay Thomas will also be there to throw the football at the tree and tell the Lone Ranger story.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when I first saw this video, I recognized a few of the singers from MTV - but man, surprised how many are still big time 25 years later.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Another vote for "O Holy Night." It's a good song to play on guitar, although I don't have the range to do the vocals justice. Still a great song though.

My kids and I always have a lot of fun blowing out "The 12 Days of Christmas."

Also great on the good ol' acoustic: "Greensleeves"

Draft saved Draft deleted