1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Cereal?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 21, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No milk division: Cookie Crisp, Corn Pops (just snack on it while on the computer or watching TV)

Milk division: Corn Flakes, Crispix.

When I get on a Corn Flakes kick, which I do ever so often, I can put down several bowls in a sitting and put down a whole big box in like three days.

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I've settled into a routine of having generic raisin bran every morning.

Growing up, Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles, Grape Nuts and Cinnamon Toast Crunch were always a faves, but the Holy Grail of cereal was always Boo Berry.

[​IMG]

I never understood what the distribution deal was. In my neck of the woods, you could easily get your hands on Count Chocula or Frankenberry, but not Boo Berry. It wasn't until college when I was visited another part of the state that I found it. Bought a dozen boxes and brought them home.

3. Boo Berry always shows up around Halloween. Sadly the same can't be said for Fruit Brute or Yummy Mummy.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Quaker Oatmeal Squares (Brown Sugar) and Honey Nut Cheerios are currently two of my favorites.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Had to give up Fruity Pebbles a few years ago. Cocoa Pebbles, too. Just got too slushy and sugary for me.

Used to love Super Sugar Crisp. My wife complained that the whole bathroom smelled like them every time I took a piss (she was right).

That said, my favorites are Apple Jacks, Sugar Pops and Frosted Flakes.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

there is no better milk than what's left when all the cereal is gone

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I've never outgrown my love for Count Chocula. Yum.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I still love both varities of Pebbles. When it's time to be an adult, I'm fond of Honey Bunches of Oats with strawberries.

And whoever mentioned the original rocky road... you brought back great memories

9. John

John Well-Known Member

The only cereal I've bought in the past five years is Cracklin Oat Bran, which I often just eat out of the box as a snack.

As a kid (which means through my 20s), I loved anything loaded with sugar, but Fruity Pebbles was probably my favorite.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

As a kid: Honeycomb, Frosted Flakes, Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops

Now: Raisin Bran, Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Crispix, Corn Flakes

11. Mira

Mira Member

I used to love Cap n Crunch and the one with the berries, but it ripped the crap out of the roof of my mouth.

One cereal I desperately miss is Qwisp ... you know, the one with the King on the box?

Lately, I've been enjoying Grape Nuts Trail Mix. I used to eat Grape Nuts as a kid, put a little milk and brown sugar in it and warm it up on the stove. I loved it!

Cracklin Oat Bran is really good when you throw it in yogurt.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

For the record, I, too, have been cut by Cap'n Crunch's cereal. But like a loyal crew member, I always take the blame for it.

Crunchberries are great. Cap'n Crunch is one of my favorite eat-right-from-the-box cereals out there, along with Frosted Mini-Wheats.

Draft saved Draft deleted