1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Cereal?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 21, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Raisin Bran is the one cereal I really, really like with milk.

Frosted Flakes are good, too.

Cheerios and the various Chex permutations are best served as Party Mix.

But No. 1 on my cereal killer hit parade is/are Froot Loops.

As much as I like Froot Loops, I must warn you:

You do NOT want to eat nothing but Froot Loops for 2 or 3 days, as I did once a few years back. That's all I'm saying about that.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I fill the bowl, leaving about an inch before reaching the top. Then I add about a cup and a half of milk, so the cereal is resting at the top. I try to conserve everything at my house. Usually, one bowl is all I'll have, but recently I've added a little bit more cereal once I've finished the first bowl. But I drink the milk after my second trip.

And I'll only mix cereals if I'm at the end of the box. However, I rarely have more than one box of cereal in the house. I've got three in the house now, so it's a definite possibility.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Expect a hit soon. That's all I'm saying. They don't call him Cap'n for no reason.

4. Super Colon Blow

Or Quisp :D

5. All time favorite: The original S'mores. The day General Mills discontinued it was a black day for breakfast.

As it stands, Cinnamon Life, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Rice Chex and Crispix are in the current rotation.

6. Sugar fix: Alpha Bits

Less sugar: Crispix

Feeling risky: Fruit Lupus

My dad's favorite cereal: Prostituties - "they don't snap, crackle, or pop...but they sure do bang!"

7. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Favorites as a kid: Total Corn Flakes (though they don't seem to have this brand anymore), Lucky Charms, Mr. T cereal, Rice Krispies.

Favorites now: Cracklin Oat Bran (though they jip you with the small-ass box), Raisin Nut Crunch, Kellog's Corn Flakes, Special K.

Worst cereal ever: I second Captain Krunch.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't eat cereal anymore, but I used to be a Golden Grahams man. Too bad it's among the most expensive and never on sale.

And now I can't sleep, wondering what awful thing Mayfly said about Cap'n Crunch.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Favorites: Rice Chex, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Rice Krispies.

As far as the amount of milk goes, it depends on the cereal. Rice Chex are best soggy, Rice Krispies deserve very little milk. It's a science.

10. I'm dating myself with this reply but I loved Boo Berry and, whenever I am back in the states, I always get a box of Honeycomb and a box of Apple Jacks to take back with me!

11. Anybody remember Body Buddies cereal?

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

YES! You, sir, are Good and Right and True.™

Milk is awfully expensive in this neck of the woods, so I'm currently out of the cereal habit. In the past, Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch (a non-mouth-slicing alternative), Frosted Mini-Wheats and Cracklin' Oat Bran were go-to brands, but this is my all-time favorite:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted