1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Cereal?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 21, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The one cereal I never got into was Reese's Puffs. I had it once and didn't finish the bowl. I was surprised because the peanut butter cups are my favorite candy.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I got paged to this thread, and what a great thread it is. I practically need a pet cow for all the milk I consume in the name of cereal.

I've been called a Frosted-Mini-Wheat-itarian. That's the staple, but as I'm trying to limit my sugar intake I've switched to Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, same thing but no frosting. Brought home four boxes from Sam's Club yesterday.

I love the Honey Bunches of Oats, any variety. I've been known to eat Total, Cheerios and Life consistently as well. Love any of those with berries thrown in.

Can't stand the sugery shit. The closest I'll get is Golden Grahams, but that stuff is really more of a dessert than a meal. Even as a kid I wouldn't eat it. Too sweet.

And Mayfly, quit using that expression. Classless.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Favorites growing up:
    1. Cap'n Crunch -- Any of the flavors. Loved em' all.
    2. Cheerios -- A few spoon fulls of sugar and I was good to go.
    3. Corn Flakes -- Same as Cheerios.
    4. Wheaties -- Love this cereal still.
    5. Rice Krispies -- Same as Nos. 2 and 3.
    6. Cookie Crisp -- What kid didn't love eating cookies for breakfast?
    7. Cocoa/Fruity Pebbles -- Damn good cereal.
    8. Rice Chex -- Ate it with just milk sometimes and others with sugar.
    9. Cinnamon Toast Crunch -- My breakfast of charmions.

Now:
    1. Crispix -- Ate a lot of this when I lived away from home. Absolutely love this cereal.
    2. Frosted Cheerios -- It tastes pretty damn good to me.
    3. Honey Nut Cheerios -- Yum.
    4. Corn Flakes -- Same as above.
    5. Cheerios -- Same as above.
    6. Wheaties -- Don't eat Wheaties as much as I used to, but it's still some damn good cereal.
    7. Cocoa/Fruity Pebbles -- Still love this cereal.
    8. Honey Nut Crunch (or whatever the fuck it's called) -- This has become one of my favorite cereals, no matter what time of day.

Most cereal I've eaten is probably 3/4 of a box in one sitting.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How do the Kashi cereals taste?

5. pallister

pallister Guest

OK, I say this in all seriousness. My favorite all-time cereal is Raisin Squares (now called Mini Wheats with Raisin, if they still exist), and I will pay anyone on here who knows where to find them double for every box they can send me. I'm not kidding. Every trip I've taken to the grocery store for the last two years, I head down the cereal aisle looking for them. Nothing. Last time I saw them was at a Kroger in Fort Wayne, Ind. In hindsight, I shoulda bought at least 50 boxes, which woud have lasted me about 50 days. Maybe. Damn, now I'm REALLY jonesing for them.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Seriously, dude. There's nothing wrong with Cap'n Crunch. ...

[​IMG]

Mafia Boss: You come to me and ask me to kill a man I do not know. Now I ask you, why should I kill this "Count Chocula"?
    Cap'n Crunch: Because that son of a bitch has been spreading lies! My cereal does not cut the roof of your mouth! ... With all respect.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I changed my point about Captain Crunch, but the fact still remains. It tears the roof of my mouth up near the end of the first bowl. I still eat it occasionally, maybe because I am a masochist, and maybe because that executioners' mask is in my closet, but still, it wreaks havoc on the roof of my mouth.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Thank you, Mayfly. You still proved your point well. And yeah, I hate that shit, too.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

1. Cinnamon Toast Crunch
    2. 312-way tie.

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Bran Flakes. I get three-quarters of a bowl, fill the milk to the top of the flakes and add two packets of sweetner (used to be a heap of sugar when I was younger).
    Let it sit. Once the flakes are soft, I push them over to one side and let the milk pool on the other. I spoon the milk while getting a few of the soggy flakes in each bite. By the time I reach the end, I have a sweet bran paste to eat. Mmmm.

Love Lucky Charms, Frosted Mini-Wheats and Life for snacking purposes. I go through 2-3 boxes of cereal a week.

11. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Hadn't had anything to eat since 4ish and this thread inspired me to check out the cabinet to see what cereal we had. I was happy to see a sample size of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I devoured that, then had some regular Cheerios, but added raisins to it. It was the first cereal in at least a month, if not longer.

Don't want to thread jack / take this too far off topic but:

What is your milk to cereal ratio?
    -I fill the bowl with cereal, then add milk almost to the top. It's not a science, but I know some people use a lot less milk than I do. Once the cereal is gone I keep refilling the bowl until the milk is gone. I know some drink the milk when the cereal is gone, but I'd rather fill it up with more cereal and stop eating once there is no more milk in the bowl.

Do you ever mix cereals?
    -If I'm at the end of the box I will, other times I will just for the hell of it. When I mix it's usually basic cereals. Combine Cheerios and Raisin Bran. Cheerios and Crispix. Both are good mixes of crunch and texture. I'd don't think I'd mix sugary cereals.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I do the whole pour cereal until the milk is gone bit too. Regular Cheerios with bananas or blueberries and honey on top is by far the most delicious combination I have ever had.

Draft saved Draft deleted