1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite buffet restaurants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't often traffic touristy places, so my only buffet options mostly are really gross. How many restaurants really don't give you enough food?

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

In addition to the food being great at Boma, both breakfast and dinner, the service was outstanding. My daughter has a dairy allergy so the chef came out and took my wife on a tour of the buffet pointing out everything the kid could and couldn't eat. Before we were done he came back with a gigantic bowl -- a pint and a half -- of allergen free chocolate ice cream he whipped up special.

All this for a 2-year-old who ate for free.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

All-Stars in San Antonio used to have a prime rib buffet during MNF. Don't know if they still do.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I can't decide what's worse: any buffet or Olive Garden :)

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, you poor man. :)

More and more.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This was years ago, and I can't remember the name of it, but my aunt and uncle took me once to a seafood buffet place on the North Shore of New Orleans. It was pretty awesome. The seating was just picnic tables, and the food seemed to have every animal you've ever wanted to try but never had a reason to.
    I crossed rabbit, frog (legs) and alligator off my food bucket list that night. They also had raw and fried oysters (first time I had had either of those), assorted chicken things and a couple of different kinds of shrimp. Only thing missing was rattlesnake.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Took my wife to a wonderful French breakfast buffet this morning.
    The pastries - my goodness - they were out of this world.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Mittendorf's?

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That looks like a good menu, Steak, but I don't see any buffet options.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I received oral sex in a Ponderosa restroom stall sometime in the late '90s.
    From a woman, of course.

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Mrs. Fly and I twice ended up at Jo Dean's in Yankton, SD (once with Flyette). Not haute cuisine by any stretch but wasn't awful either visit. Great service, adequate food (comfort-style, decent variety, mostly was fresh and frequently replenished).

Only been in Yankton (and SD) twice...go figure.

Draft saved Draft deleted