1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite buffet restaurants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's BA-A-A-ACK ...

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Favorite buffet restaurant could be listed next to favorite art work purchased at Wal Mart or Target.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yes....until you see some idiot kid dunk his hand in the chocolate.

Pass.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pondagrossa, baby!!!!

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I respect the fact that Golden Corral is upfront about its customers being a fat herd at the feeding trough right in its name.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

There's a great greasy spoon in Deer Park, Texas (southeast Houston) called "Barry's Feed Lot." Chicken fried steak the size of a manhole cover ...

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Phillips Seafood has a buffet either at the North end of Ocean City Maryland or just over the line in Fenwick Del.

http://www.phillipsseafood.com/uploads/file/Dinner%20Seafood%20Buffet%208-11.pdf

its pricey and its a buffet. But the kids love it and once every couple of years its fun.

There is a dive bar near me that has great, really great, steamed crabs (great crab cakes and Maryland crab soup too). Its not a buffet but they do have an all you can eat steamed crab dinner. You can sit a the picnic tables and eat crabs til you drop. I get tired before I get full. You get the mediums and some small larges (if you can wrap your head around that concept) but they are legitimately sized, hot and fresh (I'm pretty sure that most of the year they get them from the Gulf around Louisiana.

9. Phillips is fantastic!
    There's another good one in Myrtle Beach: the Captain's Table maybe? It's near Broadway at the Beach.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Old Country Buffet remains my favorite.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

My favorites are the "Mongolian Grill"-style restaurants, where you pick the meat, veggies, noodles and sauces and they fry it up right in front of you.

I like to hit those places for lunch, when prices are slightly lower.

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I'll never forget a cross-country drive (moving for a job) when I ate at a buffet out of desperation and ralphed the whole thing up about six steps out the door.

Draft saved Draft deleted