1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Bob & Tom skit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 2, 2008.

1. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Resurrecting this thread, because there's nothing else to do while waiting for Little Crimson to go to sleep.

A few others that come to mind from my youth (pre-syndication) ... haven't listened much post-syndication, so I'm not as well-versed on the new stuff.
    *-Their parody of Back Home Again in Indiana during the 1988 election ... a Dan Quayle impersonator singing "I Spent the War in Indiana." Not tremendously funny, but it played once and the station yanked it, which garnered tons of local (and national, since he was a Veep candidate) attention. Gary Burbank of WLW picked it up and started playing it.
    *-Tom's ode to slow drivers, "Snailman" ... which I still find myself singing when I get stuck behind some old geezer going 30 in a 55. "He got his driver's license/When Lincoln was alive/He won't let you past him/He won't let you through/His turn signal's been blinking since 1942/He's Snailman."
    *-One that is so ridiculously un-PC, it couldn't be played today. When the first Batman movie came out, Warren Piece (Mark Patrick's gay character) did a spoof called Buttman. I could recite the thing word-for-word in the 7th grade, which is probably why my parents wouldn't let me listen to B&T in the 8th :). (the Buttmobile was an "immaculately-cared for brown Ford Probe," the sidekick was named Swallow, you hear the sound of farting a couple of times, and Warren goes, "oh, it's the Buttphone.").

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

"The Cleveland Steamer"

Anything they do with Tim Wilson turns into a riot.

Kenny Tarmac

Larry King

3. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

I've listened to them for years on the drive to work.
    The First Baseball Game, Dicken Cider, Pinkley Taurus, Mr. Obvious ... the list goes on and on.
    When we lived in one town and had to drive about 15 miles to another for work, my wife and I would listen on the drive. She always said she wondered why I listened to them. Then she heard the Captain Dildo bit (for those who don't know or remember, the guys found out about an annual festival at a Canadian town named Dildo, going as far as to call the local Chamber of Commerce and talking to the lady about the event).
    When they got to the part in the bit where the lady says, "You can take the girl out of Dildo, but you can't take the Dildo out of the girl," my wife started laughing hystarically and said she realized why I listened to them.

4. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Big Butter Jesus

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Just walked in from seeing Heywood Banks perform in Fort Wayne and I saw this thread.

My favorite is the Revenge Song.

6. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

We always called it "Touchdown Jesus," but to each their own.

Draft saved Draft deleted