1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite board game?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I bet over-the-phone Battleship is Bill Belichick's favorite game to play...

"B-4? MISS!"

2. You're Canadian. How could you possibly suck at that?

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I was going to say that. Except the sucking part. I was pretty decent at it. Interesting how the countries played much like they did in real life, although I thought it strange how good Turkey was as a county. Too easy to build up strength from an isolated corner of the board.

4. Milles Bornes must have had a whopper of an ad budget.
    There was a commercil for that every eight minutes when I was a kid.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

... Then you lose a key piece and give the game to the Salvation Army for a tax write-off.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

1. Scrabble
    2. Monopoly
    3. Trivial Pursuit

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

clarkington, you are the cause of my new addiction. I signed up for that online Risk and play it maniacally. I find myself going back to that site at least 15 times a day to see if my opponents have taken their turn so I can play.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I knew I liked something about you, SC.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have to admit that site looks totally awesome.

The additional maps reminds me of when I'd split my Axis & Allies board up into more countries. Why should Ukraine go from the Arctic Ocean to the Black Sea?

Yes I never got laid in high school.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Thank god someone reminded me of Stratego. I always used to play games at residential camp during the summer and they broke out into all out wars (pardon the pun).

I used to play "Jenga Wars" a lot as a kid. I know it's not a board game, but you set a Queen (chess piece) in the middle of a fortress that you build out of Jenga blocks and you hurl a Jenga block back and forth. The object is to knock the Queen down in the middle. You always needed to watch out for the flying Jenga blocks though. Strategy was definitely involved in that game.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've only been playing the Risk game. I've never played Axis & Allies and it looked a lot harder to figure out than Risk.

Also, how did you split your Axis & Allies board up into more countries? Did you draw on it?

And if anyone wants to come play, you should. Shockingly I signed up under the name angola.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Poster advisory: Philosopher is a virgin.

Draft saved Draft deleted