1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Board Game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Mar 27, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Hey, I forgot one: Waterboarding!

*ducks and runs*

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

My favorite? Toss the Soldier!
    (ducking and running, too)

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Does Rummicub count? Big one in my family, though sometimes it is too easy to cheat.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Beyond those which have already been mentioned (and my wife and I used to love to play 221B Baker St.; even have another version which has cases from throughout history)

Snit's Revenge.

When I was a kid I had a bunch of old TSR pocket games I loved - Melee, They Invaded Pleasantville or something like that - basically it was a game in which aliens took over citizens and you had to prevent it or something, Alamo.

Used to play Top Secret and Boot Hill. Not sure these qualify as board games, though.

My brother-in-law still has a working version of Dark Tower, which is cool.

5. statrat

statrat Member

I used to love that game! Also Fireball Island, Risk and Axis and Allies.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My brother and I couldn't play most games because we'd use the pieces as weapons. Crossfire was the worst for that. Sitting a foot and a half apart, with 50 small metal balls to heave? VERY bad.

I'd also try to spear him with the yellow pole from MOuse Trap (the one that held the trap) and any of the marbles from Hungry Hungry Hippos.

and just because, another of my favorite bustedtees.com t-shirts...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted