1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Board Game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Mar 27, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I can't believe I forgot to mention one of my favorite board games and that nobody else has mentioned it yet either --- Chess

2. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Chess for rainy night, played into the wee hours with a bottle of prot or brandy, plate of cheese and fruit, and Vivaldi playing softly in the background.
    Trivial Pursuit for early evenings with chips, dip and lots of 'dogs, 'burgers and beer so cold it slushes.
    Yes, I'm an incurable romantic, but those games do play best under those conditions.

3. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Anyone play "Ticket to Ride"?

I got hooked on this game a few months ago. Decided to go buy it and it was no where to be found. Every board game store I went to it was sold out and on Amazon.com it had a back order of a few weeks. Finally, I was in Chicago a month ago and picked it up at the Shaumberg Mall.

4. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

A little newer than most of these games, but Cranium is a blast if you get a group of six or eight friends you enjoy being goofy in front of.

Ever try to make a grill out of play dough in 60 seconds? Or draw the Taj Mahal blindfolded? It's good times.

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Pictionary. I attend game night the Friday after Thanksgiving every years with a bunch of folks and we have a blast.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Risk. I am such a geek.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Apples to Apples
    Cranium
    Sequence
    Pit
    Uno
    Naked twister
    Rook
    Strip poker
    Scattegories

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't believe no one's mentioned Strat-o-Matic yet.

nothing better than playing SOM and writing up a boxscore afterward. When I was attending community college, a good buddy and I used to go to my house late Friday nights and play untill sunrise. Good, good times.

I once stole home with Roberto Alomar. I had to throw a two on the dice and got snake eyes. Sweeeet.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't think I am old enough to know about that game, but it sounds really, really fun.
    Of course if Roberto Alomar was in it, then I probably should have heard of it.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Does Twister count?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not sure, but I put naked Twister down.

12. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Does nobody remember KerPlunk!?!? :eek: :D 8)

Also in the Wonderlic Hall of Fame:
    Axis and Allies
    Hungry Hungry Hippos
    Muppet Chess
    and Checkers ... especially when played with Eagles and Cowboys helmets, or the kind that uses the big fuzzy checkerboard rug and the compact disc-sized, stackable pieces. That's freakin' awesome! ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted