1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Board Game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Mar 27, 2007.

1. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Mille Bornes! We used to play that in my high school French classes. For some reason, I always ended up drawing the "pneu creve" card. (that's "flat tire" for you non-Francophones; Mille Bornes is a car-racing card game) I might just pick up a Mille Bornes box when I'm in Paris in May.

Where's the love for Clue?

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I found an original version of Mille Bourne on eBay. good stuff.

Coupe forre! (sp?)

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Used to have the cards but never played it. Never even understood it.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Risk. It's truly a great game, complete with corrupt side deals and naked ambition. Turns the kindergarten teacher next door into Napoleon.

Trivial Pursuit. But not the fricking off-brand crap. Baby Boomer TP can suck me. Genus edition, please.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Coup Fourré!!!

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

That's the spelling, thanks inky

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly.

There's also a DVD version of TP as well as a great DVD/board game called Scene It with movie, music, sports and TV editions.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Don't forget Makin' Bacon, where you put those 2 plastic pigs into a cup and roll them and you get points depending how they land on each other.

Husker Du was cool.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Loved Monopoly, though I rarely got to play. My brother would usually end up kicking the board off the table and sending everything flying when things didn't go his way. There was a version you could play solo on one of the Playstation systems. I played that constantly for a while.

Risk was another great game, but even harder to get anybody to play because it took forever. Somebody put a computer version of it on our computers at my college paper and suddenly we all became a hell of a lot less productive. I was an addict until the day a game somebody downloaded put a virus in our system. No more games after that. :(

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Trouble

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Monopoly! However, I'm not completely sold on the new version of it. There's something much more charming about being able to buy Marven Gardens and Tennessee Ave.

12. rallen13

rallen13 Member

221-B Baker Street was interesting, because it had so many possible solutions, unlike clue, which is very limited. Toughest person to beat at Clue is a Bridge or Hearts player because they know how to count card and eliminate possible tricks and trumps.
    Still, I have to go with Trivial Pursuit. A fun thing to do is to take about 10 versions and mix the question cards together. That way you jump from sports to Disney to silver screen to ......
    And don't forget Jeopardy, if you can get enough answer cards to keep from repeating yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted