1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite baseball gametracker?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 10, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

I don't think it's even close: I like cbssportsline's gametracker. It gives you the situation for every game at the top of the screen and you can get pretty much all you need to know about the game you've clicked on in one screen without having to flip the page down. It also has pitch totals, which some gametrackers don't have.
  2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I don't use these everyday. But I like the mlb.com one. That one also has pitch counts.

The yahoo one isn't great.
  3. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

sportsline is awesome. It doesn't freeze ever, and doesn't revert back to the 2nd inning randomly like ESPN's does. This year they've made it fancier, but it still works speedily.
  4. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

I like to track games on HDTV at the local bar.

But yeah, second place would be sportsline. Doesn't matter much to me, though.
  5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Sometimes, Sportsline is slow and not always updated. Though they all are, actually.

With the exception of MLB, don't they all use Stats, Inc?
  6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i just used mlb's yesterday. either i'm old, fucking stupid or both, but i couldn't find the simplest thing i need when tracking a game: a line showing the count and number of outs. i probably missed it but i couldn't find an indicator of the number of outs without scrolling over everyone's previous at bats, which is just stupid.
  7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I love Sportsline.com. It's easy to use and you don't have to sign up for Insider to use it like you do for ESPN.com's better tracker.
  8. The Commish

The Commish Guest

I liked MLB's the way it was. Sportsline will crash my browser at the office, for some reason. So I deal with MLB, use Yahoo or if I'm away from home and on a slow machine, I'll use sportsnetwork through the N.Y. Times.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I looked at it for the first time this season last night and was struck by how "busy" it was. Too much non-essential information that makes a quick look at the essential information hard to find.

I don't remember it being like that last year.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

cbs.sportsline is my favorite, but it crashes my browser at home and at work on occasion. It also reverts to earlier innings for no reason once in a while.

Yahoo isn't bad. I move to that when cbs.sportsline gives my browser problems.

Right after I type that...cbs.sportsline crashed my browser.
  11. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

MLB.com has put a lot of info on theirs this season. However, once I got used to it, I actually found I like it better than last year's.

I had to hunt for the essentials (I too missed the count, outs, etc.) but once I knew where to look, I loved stuff like the pitch angle, speed, etc.

Like most change, it just took some getting used to is all.
  12. Editude

Editude Active Member

ESPN's doesn't always update. I use MLB, which I'm partial to because I can watch games on MLB.TV as well.
Draft saved Draft deleted