1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Baseball Fights

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mine - 1998 Yankees Orioles started when Armando Benetez drilled Tino
    Martinez in the back after a Bernie Williams HR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKIHNsf8O_A

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Juan Marichal vs. John Roseboro.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Nolan Ryan vs. Robin Ventura

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, and this one, too.

[​IMG]

Edit: Got me by mere seconds.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The headlock and punches were wonderful. One-sided, like grandpa kicking a kid's ass.

6. Kyle Farnsworth vs. the Reds in 2003.

I mostly like this one because I was at the game. I like it even more because I got home after the game, a replay of the game was on, and I could hear Steve Stone going absolutely crazy on Danny Graves for running his mouth from the dugout after he'd been scratched from the start.

I'd have to search YouTube, but I mostly remember Farnsworth just spearing some Reds player.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

There was also that great Braves-Padres fight in the 1980s that started when Pascual Perez kept plunking guys. The best part was when Bob Horner, who was out with one of his many wrist injuries, came out of the dugout to stop Champ Summers from going after Perez. Horner had come down from the press box when everyone started throwing at everyone else just in case there was trouble.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any photos of that one through Google.

8. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

When Cincinnati's Pedro Borbon bit the chunk out of the Mets hat after a fight in 1973

9. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I believe it was Paul Wilson, and that brawl also gave us the colorful phrase, 'racky-tacked' courtesy of Stone.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The one in '87 after Eric Show beaned Andre Dawson at Wrigley. Show ran like a little bitch and the Cubs literally chased him into his own dugout ready to kick his ass. Dawson was down for a few minutes, then started toward the empty mound as soon as he got up.

I believe that was during Dawson's MVP season.

11. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

By far and away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohQaOO_mTzs

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Cubs had a pretty good one with the Mets in August of 1984 at Wrigley. Cubs torched Ed Lynch for five runs in the fourth inning in the second game of a doubleheader. He drills Keith Moreland with a pitch and away we go.

What made it memorable was that after the teams had been separated and returned to their dugouts, some of the Mets almost went into the stands after some fans behind their dugout. Cubs wound up sweeping the doubleheader and the series and pretty much buried the Mets.

Draft saved Draft deleted