1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite animated movie....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jun 7, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Incredibles tops my list, but I was always into comic books when I was a kid.

I'm trying to think of a vague one...

How about the old school Hobbit movie?

[​IMG]

2. Disney's Sword in the Stone was a favorite of mine when I was young, even though it was made 10 years before I was born. Even today, it feels more modern.

3. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

As a kid: The Secret of NIMH and Disney's Robin Hood

As an adult: South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

On drugs: Waking Life

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

All the Pixar titles are great, but The Incredibles has to be my favorite.

Would "Wallace and Gromit" count in this discussion? I've always got a kick out of those, especially "Curse of the Were-Rabbit." As long as we're talking clay-mation, then "Chicken Run" is up there.

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

This topic begins and ends with "The Lion King."

"Jungle Book" is next.

6. Wallace and Gromit and Flushed Away were both very good.

Happy Feet is without a doubt the most visually striking animated movie I've ever seen. It's so good I'll sit through Hugh Jackman's crappy impersonation of Elvis and the nails-on-the-chalkboard soundtrack. I know some of the purists condemn it because some of it amounts to tracing, but good lord the result is amazing.

As far as visual effects, you have to also give a nod to the parting of the seas scene in the King of Egypt movie. Not my favorite movie, but that scene alone took a bunch of illustrators several years to do by hand, IIRC.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Glad to see a nod or two for Transformers: The Movie. So awesome. I'm pretty sure every kid had a dislike for Hot Rod after seeing it. I loved Jazz and Wheeljack.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

Good moments of humor, a good villain, a heroine who isn't in every freaking Disney park signing autographs for the kids, enjoyable music, a good climax.

[​IMG]

Enjoyable movie. And the fact the ride rules doesn't hurt.

Honorable mention:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

A lot of my favourites have already been mentioned (Sword in the stone will forever be on top).

I would like to add, however, Emperor's new Groove.

Also on Kung Fu Panda, I had very low expectations for it heading into the theatre, but it is easily the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. Maybe it's because I could relate all too much with the Panda, but I haven't laughed that hard in a theatre in years.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

South Park in a runaway.

There have been so many good ones lately. I'll take both Toy Stories, the first two Shreks, Cars, Incredibles, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Kung Fu Panda over most of the Disney Classics.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The last 45 minutes of Kung Fu Panda is absolutely hilarious... The first 45 builds to it.

Great movie.

12. Shrek was ground-breaking in its irreverance. Some great pokes at Disney.

That said, Shrek II was a helluva lot better. Shrek III sucked eggs.

Draft saved Draft deleted