1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite animated movie....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Beavis and Butt-head Do America

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Fantasia
    The Triplets of Belleville
    Shrek

3. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Saw it yesterday with the wife and kids, and I'll put "Kung Fu Panda" right up there among the best. Very, very entertaining.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I love animated movies, I'm more inclined to purchase the latest DVD release from Pixar than any more edgy, 'adult' movie (because I don't like those movies.) I watch a movie to escape, go to my happy place for a little while.

Many that have already been named and a few more:

Monsters, Inc.
    Alvin and the Chipmunks
    Pochahantas
    All three Shrek movies

Fantasia deserves special mention alone because of how groundbreaking it was at the time, even though it was a box office flop. I was a band nerd from the age of seven when I first started playing flute and the animation set to classic pieces is still awesome to this day.

Even though they're not animated, I would still include the Muppet movies in this catagory -- love them all.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

An American Tail
    South Park
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Big Lead loves the Muppet movies, too.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm not much of an animated movie person, but I respect the technology and creativity involved.

The only one I can really stand: Alice in Wonderland.

8. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

Watched The Incredibles the other night for the first time in a long time, great flick.
    Love Shrek 1 & 2 ... 3 not so much.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Finding Nemo is by far my favorite. Also really enjoyed Happy Feet and Toy Story.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I hate Finding Nemo, but it's probably got more to do with the kid next to me pooping his pants than the actual flick.

11. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Bug's Life really didn't catch on, I guess.

I thought the flies were hilarious, the mosquito that dropped dead after a round of O negative and the the suicide of the bug going into the light was pretty good.

I'll go swat flies now.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I liked Bug's Life. I thought Bee Movie was decent, too.

I'm a big animated movie fan. All my favorites have already been named on this thread, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted