1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite animated movie....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jun 7, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Sittin' here having to listen to Finding Nemo came the thought.

Just for sheer fun even an adult could have, not to mention some creative thinking: my pick is Bug's Life. And I wonder why they haven't made a sequel.

2. Ratatouille. I enjoyed it more than my kid.

Aladdin, if you're kicking it old school.

Honorable mention goes to the Incredibles. The science involved in that movie is amazing.

We'll see Wall-e as soon as it hits theaters, like we do all Pixar films. There's isn't a more consistently great studio.

Meanwhile, we'll wait for the Jack Black panda shit to come out on DVD.

3. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

My buddy took his kids to see Kung Fu Panda on Friday and said it tops his list of animated movies.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

1. The Lion King - my favorite, one of the best ever, a classic in every sense of the word.
    2. Ratatouille - probably the best ever. insanely good.
    3. Toy Story - changed animated movies forever. incredible.
    4. Aladdin - great story, songs, characters, plot...fun as hell.
    5. Fantasia - magnificant and beautiful.

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

In no particular order.
    Wizards
    Ninja Scroll
    Princess Mononoke
    Beauty and the Beast
    Vampire Hunter D
    Heavy Metal
    Akira
    Be Forever, Yamato
    Fantasia
    The Little Mermaid
    Spirited Away
    Southpark
    The Iron Giant
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    American Pop
    Fritz The Cat

Most of these aren't for kids.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Transformers: The Movie" (the 1986 version), was great. I remember one of my friends saw it in the theaters before I could watch it, and his description of the scenes where the first Autobots died lingered with me for a long time. So did the sights of dead Autobots laying all over the place during the first big battle. For a movie based on a toy franchise and an OK cartoon series, it was quite grown-up.

And I'll add another vote for "Iron Giant". Thought it looked intriguing when it came out, but it was in and out of theaters so fast that I forgot about it. Then Cartoon Network ran it on a 24-hour loop one Christmas or Thanksgiving, and I must have watched it two or three times. It got a little dusty in the house at the end, each and every time.

7. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

In no particular order...

Ice Age
    Toy Story (1 and 2)
    Lion King (only the original)
    Land Before Time (part I, not any of the nine sequels)
    Nemo
    Jungle Book
    Pinnochio

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The Simpsons Movie
    South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

9. Habeas Corpus

Habeas Corpus Member

While I haven't seen it in years and have no idea how it might hold up now, I would be hard-pressed to find a movie I was more excited about than when I was 8 and Transformers: The Movie came out.

Saw Toy Story in college and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, so that would be up there as well.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think Fantasia is still the gold standard. Even with all the advances in technology, Fantasia is still the most magical looking animated film.

As far as non-for-kids animation, I have to go with American Pop, which was overshadowed by the inferior Heavy Metal. Does a great job of setting a mood and showing the reach of music across generations. Needless to say, great soundtrack too.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

My favorites include South Park, Toy Story and Lion King.

There are two scenes in the Lion King that I'd rewind every time: the song to distract the hyneas (AAAAARE YAH ACHIN? (yup, yup, yup) FOOOOR SOME BACON (yup, yup, yup)), and the scene where the old monkey goes all Van Damme on the hyneas.

12. 1. The Lion King
    2. The Incredibles
    3. Toy Story
    4. The Nightmare Before Christmas
    5. Shrek (am I the first to mention Shrek?)

My favorite real/animated combo movie: Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted