1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FauxNews preaching to an ever narrowing mind

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 21, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when Gretchen Carlson was a decent reporter for CBS, it's like she had to get stupid to get on FOX. All three are like an SNL skit, the sad thing is they are taken seriously.
    That muslim student/ham sandwich story they made a fuss over not realizing it BS was classic F&F. They make Mary Hart and Mario Lopez look like Ed Murrow.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

;D

[​IMG]
    "...Tomorrow, we'll look at who's wearing what on the Oscars red carpet, and Suzanne Somers' life-changing diet! Good night, and good luck."

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Come on Ayers' criminal activities were decades ago. Does Hannity go after G. Gordon Liddy? Has he mentioned Senator Larry Craig lately? Mark Foley? The Palin-Stevens connections.

Any chance Hannity will spend an equal amount of time on the Bush Pardons as he does the Rich pardon.

Hannity's an uneducated hack whose demise will be celebrated

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

"Condoning his behavior" is not the opposite of rehashing and obsessing over his 40-year-old misdeeds. You know this. Who exactly is condoning his behavior?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Hannity is one guy, on for one hour a night, and he makes even my ass tired. I never liked him. But he's one small piece of the puzzle. Some of you guys scream when NBC gets ripped for one guy (Olberman).

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Olbermann's a putz.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

He sure is. And so are his counterparts on Fox like Hannity.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Anyone who "doesn't really care" is condoning this behavior.

Seriously, you are going to attack a guy, who I agree is over the top, for attacking a domestic terrorist? Seriously?

I don't care what he calls himself now - professor - he is a piece of crap and should be harrassed for the rest of his life for all he did that he still isn't asking for forgiveness for. Whne HE PUTS HIMSELF BACK IN THE SPOTLIGHT he deserves to be ripped over and over again. It might have been better for him to stay at home and keep his mouth shut after the election instead of trying to make some money off of it by pitching his books.

As for Hannity bashing Bush's pardons, I think we have to wait and see who gets 'em first don't you? And if you supported the Rich pardon you are a boob.

9. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Ayers certainly did not put himself back into the spotlight. He was thrust there by dipshit Republican strategists, and then when the election was over, he did some interviews to take advantage of his extra 15 minutes.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Red, PC beat me to it.

I'm pretty up on these things and I had never heard of Bill Ayers before the GOP straw-grasping campaign went into overdrive.

If Bill Ayers tries to blow up a building, throw his ass in prison. If he's a terrorist, make him Moussaui's or Richard Reid's roommate in Colorado.

Otherwise -- as I pointed out earlier -- feel free to smear Walter Annenberg with the same tired brush you're wielding on the President-elect.

And speaking of Faux News, Meat Puppet finally finds his lost self-respect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27894644/?GT1=43001

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Has Hannity started a boycott of radio stations that air another domestic terrorist> G. Gordon Liddy, felon.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . but . . . but . . . THAT'S DIFFERENT!

Draft saved Draft deleted