1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FauxNews preaching to an ever narrowing mind

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 21, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

After over a decade on Fox News, E.D. Hill was shown the door by Bill Shine, FNC’s Senior Vice President of Programming according to TVNewser: E.D. is scheduled to depart in a few months as her contractual term ends.-- wiki

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm just grateful it's not Hillary being inaugurated in January. You think the rehash of the Clinton era is bad now, could you imagine what would be going on if Hill and Bill were moving back in to the White House? Fox has run a retrospective of his presidency anyway.

3. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I saw the Eric Holder intro on Hannity the other day. Tied him back to something the Clinton ADMINISTRATION did, but tried to completely pin it on him. Obama could appoint a team that all had Pulitzers and purple hearts and Hannity would find a way to make them look like criminals and villains.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I understand cable news has to create a controversy if there isn't one, but they are going to have a hard time in an Obama administration I think if you look at the past few weeks.
    Obama's appointments: experienced and well-thought of or "the same old Washington crowd."
    Obama's vetting process: thorough and detailed or "scaring away qualified candidates.
    Obama selecting former adversaries for positions: He wants to bring opposing views into the decision making process or "a recipe for infighting and chaos."
    The kids going to a private school: The best choice for the Obama girls or "a slap in the face of public education."
    Folks are going to have to start trying harder.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

These are the people who thought it appropriate to mock Purple Heart recipients at the '04 Republican convention.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. I lack a reason to live.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well-played, sir.

And I expect to see it regularly. Just not on my TV.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Some people will keep eating shit and ask for more. Fox doesn't have to change a thing. Now they can be truly predatory.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Well to be fair, Ayers is now coming out for a book tour to use his celebrity off the Obama election to make more money.

Hannity may be a nut, but he has every right to call out this piece O' crap for trying to spin his terrorist acts into simple protests. Unlike most of the regular network news channels - I do think Chris Cuomo did a decent job on GMA - Hannity and O'Reilly seem to be the only ones going after this clown.

Whether you think there is a bigger link between him and Obama or not, condoning this guys behavior then and now is absolutely ludicrous.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Red, I don't care about Bill Ayers. Unless he's morphing back into his 60s persona, most rational people don't care about Bill Ayers, because Bill Ayers is irrelevant to the things that are important to Americans.

You know those picky items: keeping a job, keeping up with the mortgage, keeping tabs on a 401k that is shedding value like Seannie Hannity's viewers shed IQ points. Things like that.

Of course, you know, I know and everyone on this board with a pulse and a brain knows that Hannity cares about Bill Ayers because he's got nothing else to talk about and -- as Breaker of Leopold and Loeb put it -- "they'd take away his scold card."

Besides, if you want to go after Bill Ayres, have at Walter "Member of Reagan's Kitchen Cabinet" Anneberg as well. They both served on the same committee that Seannie Boy can't let go of.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ha. Heehee. Hahahah. Hoooooh!

Draft saved Draft deleted