1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faux News -- Everybody Must Be So Proud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 5, 2007.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you think the difference in 19% or 20% is the significant part of that equation, well, there's no point in having any further conversation with you.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Add Congress to the mix, and that number dips below 20%. Any well-reason smart person, regardless of affiliation can see that.

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Good to see we're covering things relevant to, um....wait, what's this relevant to, anyway? Not. A. Single. Thing.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Seriously, I wonder how this question is worded... I mean, what is considered 'losing the war'? What is considered 'winning the war' at this point? I'm not trying to be contrarian, but the goals for this debacle, which change every day, would determine what we mean by winning and losing, right?

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I cannot believe some people are taking this thing seriously.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And yet 80 percent of America thinks their congressperson is doing a good job. I don't get how 20 percent of America can be satisfied with the job Congress is doing. I figure most would agree its either done too much or not enough.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm not taking it seriously. It's just "fuzzy math" that's being tossed out there.

Dan, when it comes to polls, the questions and the numbers are always skewered to get the results that a certain poll wants to get out it.

80% of Americans may like how their Congressman is doing, but he/she is only one person. If you group all of them together, their polls numbers don't even come close to 40% in some circles.

8. DanOregon

I get that - I just don't think most of the electorate does. Another congressperson's pork is another district's vital need.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Skewered"...nice Freudian slip.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Turns out that if you dig into the guts of the actual poll, you find another interesting number. The survey also asked people whether they've ever prayed for the troops in Iraq. The poll's finding? Eighty-four percent of Dems said they had.

What these polsters failed to disclose is that 68% of Dems that admitted praying for the troops.....prayed for them to die!!! Those Dems then turned to Mecca and went through one of the 5 required Salah's each day.

::) ::)

The political arena sucks.....and it's only going to get worse. Seriously, why would anyone want the lifestyle of a national politician? The minute you decide to run, 50% of the voters dislike you simply because of a (D) or (R). Every second of your life is open to scrutiny......including what you did years before being elected to office. Forty years ago you were arrested for under age drinking at a pep rally?....obviously you're an alcoholic or drug addict and there's no way you could represent the people carrying that baggage.....you're second cousin gets arrested for DUI...well, that quickly becomes an indictment on your character, family, etc....at least until a colleague does something stupid.

This is like no other time in political history. Until roughly 8 years ago like minded voters could only communicate and vent in small groups. Now because of forums like this......the average person can share their views with unlimited people and speak folks from around the world that share the same views on the world.....no matter how destructive those views may be.

Communication is good,.... great......but the side effect that can't be ignored is how polarized our country has become. Our biggest battle is internal....(D) vs. (R), and neither side gives an inch.

11. DanOregon

I'd like to think we're getting close to the end of the bs, when Obama takes off his lapel pin and Larry Craig is pressing the ethics panel to break him off, the GOP is losing its hold on the veterans and values voters and the Dems have disenchanted the anti-war folks. I think we're in the middle of a political reshuffling that hasn't been seen since the 60s when the South went red and the West began to go blue.

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I love how people obsess over Bush's rating. The Democratic-controlled Congress is scoring even worse, but God forbid we hear about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted