1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FAU on-campus football stadium status: going strong!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AKap, Sep 6, 2010.

1. AKap

AKap New Member

I choose to rank them first in terms of relevance among Palm Beach area sports teams. Much better category for our overwhelming prestige to shine through!

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Thank you past-his-sell-date Howard Schnellenberger

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh for fuck sakes. Yeah, building a shiny new football stadium for a school few have heard of and fewer care about is just the thing to get our rich caring for our poor. Finally. a realistic policy proposal for curing poverty: more shiny stadiums in rich neighborhoods.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think it's even bigger. It's a way to get our economy out of the doldrums. Build stadiums all over the country for every podunk college. It's a much better way to spend tax dollars then say on infrastructure. Maybe they should dome the stadium which could them be used as fall out shelter for hurricanes.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You do realize the Central Michigan campus is twice as far from Ford Field as Michigan State's right?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

True, but Saturday nights are big for pizza delivery so most MSU grads would be working and couldn't attend the game anyway.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Who is this we you speak of. If you claim to be a sports journalist, there is no we. I'd say most of us know who Schnellenberger is. It's great that he cares, what else is he going to do right now.

Thanks for the lecture AKap, but it's time to head back to the dorm for some more Warcraft.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Those are fighting words. ;D

You can make fun of the terrible athletics. Don't make fun of the degree.

9. AKap

AKap New Member

No problem Stitch! Thanks for the advice on there being no "we." Very true, a journalist shouldn't be on any side. I'll keep that in mind. It's just that I do go to the school and it's hard not to say "we," especially on a message board where not everything should be taken so seriously. I will work on the habit though.

And I don't know shit about politics, and only a bit about business/economics. I was just stating my opinion on the situation. Apparently it is an extremely biased one, but the original intention of this thread was kind of just to bring up something that I, personally, am excited about in order to see what others think. So.... got that out of this thread. So.... thank you.

I'm not building the stadium, nor am I voting on it being built. I'm just an excited student, so I'll drop the "lecturing" and get back to my Warcraft.

Rant on (at least I presented something controversial!)

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Man, we HAVE got to get better security in here.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

This line is so great, I'm going to steal it and sub out MSU for different schools.
    Many thanks

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah but in recent seasons CMU's program has been relatively good, while Sparty has been relatively, uhmm, un-good.

Draft saved Draft deleted