1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FAU on-campus football stadium status: going strong!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AKap, Sep 6, 2010.

1. AKap

AKap New Member

Well, it's a little over a week away before the Board of Governors officially votes for the creation of this project which has been in it's planning stages for quite a few years now. Here's a blog entry I came across regarding the new theme and final planning touches, with pictures included. It should be quite the addition to my school! Check it out:

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2010/08/updated_look_at_faus_stadium_p.html

Innovation Village is to include the football stadium, new student housing (doubling that already on campus), an outdoor shopping/food mall, a couple bars, and other progressive campus-life features. Maybe even a club.... there's been some talk about this going around.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That's a wonderful use of public money in the middle of a recession.

3. Hounds to be released in 3, 2...

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Who is FAU? I looked in article and could not tell.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Must be a Sun Belt thing. North Texas is building something similar with its new stadium that opens next year -- but no bars, I don't think.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Stephen F. Austin changed its name to just F. Austin University.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

THX

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Florida Atlantic, home of National Championship winning coach Howard Schellenberger.

The Owls have an exciting home contest on Saturday against Michigan State University at Ford Field in Detroit Michigan.

Yes. You read that correctly. They are having a home game at Ford Field in Detroit, like 6 states away from them, and about an hour and a half from East Lansing. Tickets are like $80 and as you can imagine are going fast in this economy.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

PROTIP: If they're named the Owls, they suck at college football.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Plenty of good sections still available?

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I've heard Ford Field MAY be a quarter-full for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted